Some problem with Jitsi Meet

Hello everybody! I installed jisti meet on ubuntu 18.04 in the local network on virtual machine
1.when connecting to the room, I allow you to use the camera and microphone, but I do not see the video.
2.When connecting several participants to one room, their connection is not visible.

What do I need to do to make it work properly?

Thanks!

Hello Tony_90
I had the very same problem until my Service Provider opened incoming Ports UDP 10000 and TCP 4443.
First guess: Check the firewall. :slight_smile:
Cheers,
HP.

all ports are open, firewall is down

Hmm - Confirm we are talking about your firewall/router going to the ISP/Internet, not the local on the server?

The server on the local network is not connected to the Internet, the purpose was to use jetsi meet for conferences within the network.

I am having the same issue, but no answer…
Local Area Network, without domain. No firewall, no need to open ports… working with an ubuntu (got today from the official release) and following the standard installation (java, get the keys, register the repository and apt install jitis-meet > then I put the ip address and I tried both, create certificates and leave them at etc/ssl, choosing I will provide my own certificates, but I also tried to say: I will generate my certificates later)
The web works, create rooms and enter a lots of clients, even the chat works… but no video and sound. Each one only can see his own video.
As I said, LAN without any restrictions (ufw switched off, etc)

Quite strange… Are you able to see traffic when tcpdumping on UDP 10000?
“My” installation runs on debian, but that shouldn’t make a difference though…

Hey @jabit,

Considering your firewall and network I’m wondering if you have the correct jvb configurtation. You should probably add these two line to the following file:
/etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=X.X.X.X
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=Y.Y.Y.Y

If you have a NAT or proxy you have to declare it to the jvb, if not it will not be able to make the link. It can happen when you are not using P2P.

Hope this help :slight_smile:

I will try both, to put those lines on the properties (but I do not know which IP address put as PUBLIC ADDRESS
And then I will try with debian…

Thank you, I hope this helps me

Well, I have tried adding those lines with the same IP, my local IP.
Now, I do not see/hear the others, but the difference is that their microfone and their camera doesn´t apears as mutted, as before, when I saw them in black, with the icons of the camera and micro as if they has muted them

¿?¿?

@jabit The public address is the address of your server (the one you use in order to open jitsi meet) IP address of your load balancer or NAT gateway. The local address is the private address of your server where jvb live.

hope this help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a thought:
In case you are using a VM (as the thread opener HelloTony_90 does), please make sure that the virtual network adapter of your VM instance is set to “bridged” and not to “NAT”.

Thank you very much for you help,

I will review, but because I have no NAT and nothing between my server and my clients (just a switch) I have put both IP as the same.

I am having doubts about what you say as a Virtual Machine. Certainly I have the server on a virtual machine (VMWARE), but the network adapter is at bridge, with your comments now I have doubts about this.

I have spend this week with this, because it seems to be very easy.

Tomorrow I will have a Switch in which I can sniffer the network and I will try to check what is happening between the servers and the clients with wireshark…

My last changes has been:

• To add the ipaddresses you mentioned
  • Put the line 321 of the config: disableThirdPartyRequest: true,
    and I have checked the network.

I will tell you something tomorrow

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Watch out - a “normal” switch won’t help you there as it forwards the traffic only to those ports involved (MAC-address based) You’ll need either a “better one”, i.e. managed Switch offering something like a “mirror port” - or if you can grab one, a good old hub which distrubutes all traffic to all ports.