<solved>What does "No stream features to proceed with" mean?

Hi Guys… I have just installed a jicofo and config it to the prosody.
the jicofo start command is
./jicofo.sh --domain=jitsi.example.com --secret=passw0rd --user_domain=auth.jitsi.example.com --user_name=focus --user_password=password

I set the domain jitsi.example.com point to the ip of prosody server. (not sure if this is correct.)

it throw this error “No stream features to proceed with”. I also see the same warning in the prosody log. what does it mean ?

Jicofo 2019-08-22 02:48:42.917 SEVERE: [18] org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.XmppProtocolProvider.doConnect().309 Failed to connect/login: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions
stream:errorNo stream features to proceed with</stream:error>
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1059)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1000)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1016)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Jicofo 2019-08-22 02:48:42.926 WARNING: [20] org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionClosedOnErrorListener() Connection XMPPTCPConnection[not-authenticated] (0) closed with error
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1064)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1000)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1016)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Jicofo 2019-08-22 02:48:42.938 INFO: [12] org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart() jetty-9.4.15.v20190215; built: 2019-02-15T16:53:49.381Z; git: eb70b240169fcf1abbd86af36482d1c49826fa0b; jvm 11.0.4+11-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu218.04.3
Jicofo 2019-08-22 02:48:42.989 SEVERE: [31] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().122 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel.acceptThread,5,main] and message was: Receiver class org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method ‘abstract int translateInterestOps(int)’ of interface sun.nio.ch.SelChImpl.
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Receiver class org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method ‘abstract int translateInterestOps(int)’ of interface sun.nio.ch.SelChImpl.
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl.translateInterestOps(SelectionKeyImpl.java:158)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.processUpdateQueue(EPollSelectorImpl.java:155)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.doSelect(EPollSelectorImpl.java:113)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:124)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:136)
at org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel.runInSelectorThread(MuxingServerSocketChannel.java:507)
at org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel.runInAcceptThread(MuxingServerSocketChannel.java:314)
at org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel.access$200(MuxingServerSocketChannel.java:38)
at org.ice4j.socket.jdk8.MuxingServerSocketChannel$4.run(MuxingServerSocketChannel.java:557)

another question is :slight_smile:
firstly I try to use this start command:

./jicofo.sh --host=172.16.106.227 --domain=jitsi.example.com --secret=passw0rd --user_domain=auth.jitsi.example.com --user_name=focus@jitsi.example.com --user_password=passw0rd

but it throw error:
This server does not serve jitsi.example.com@auth.jitsi.example.com

It should be --username=focus

Check your prosody logs, maybe there will be more information there about what’s wrong.

thanks. I have correct the use_name

I checked the prosody log. it only has a little info:
Aug 22 07:43:08 c2s55d1ee19e220 info Client connected
Aug 22 07:43:08 c2s55d1ee19e220 warn No stream features to offer
Aug 22 07:43:08 c2s55d1ee19e220 info Client disconnected: connection closed
Aug 22 07:43:08 jcp55d1ee1bc590 info Incoming Jabber component connection
Aug 22 07:43:08 focus.jitsi.lixiran.com:component info External component successfully authenticated
Aug 22 07:43:09 jcp55d1ee1bc590 info component disconnected: focus.jitsi.example.com (false)

Do you have this in your prosody config: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/debian/jitsi-meet-prosody/prosody.cfg.lua-jvb.example#L26 ?

this value is true by default. I have set it to false and this error disappear. thanks very much~!!

This is handled by the quick-install guide and many others you will run when doing manual install. That’s why there is a warning in the beginning of the document … you better start from something working and doing your modifications on top of a working system.

Which prosody configuration referring here? ( prosody) im facing same issue, but not found any exact parameter in referenced line.

I am setting up jitsi-meet on my localhost and I referred quick install guide. Jitsi is running on localhost but camera and microphone output is not showing on the screen and share video , chat messages , share screen are not working. In /var/log/jitsi/Jicofo.log I am receiving this error:

Jicofo 2022-10-17 12:45:55.673 SEVERE: [36] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#228: Failed to connect/login: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:984)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:916)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:939)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Jicofo 2022-10-17 12:45:55.674 WARNING: [1439] org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionClosedOnErrorListener: Connection XMPPTCPConnection[not-authenticated] (0) closed with error
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:984)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:916)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:939)

Make sure there is no other localhost virtualhost config in prosody.

Hi Damencho, Thanks for the reply.
you are taking about the configurations of localhost.cnf.lua or any other file.

inside of prosody I have these files:
├── certs
│ ├── auth.localhost.crt → /var/lib/prosody/auth.localhost.crt
│ ├── auth.localhost.key → /var/lib/prosody/auth.localhost.key
│ ├── GNUmakefile
│ ├── localhost.cnf
│ ├── localhost.crt → /var/lib/prosody/localhost.crt
│ ├── localhost.key → /var/lib/prosody/localhost.key
│ ├── makefile
│ └── openssl.cnf
├── conf.avail
│ ├── jaas.cfg.lua
│ ├── localhost.cfg.lua
│ └── prosody.cfg.lua
├── conf.d
│ └── localhost.cfg.lua → /etc/prosody/conf.avail/localhost.cfg.lua
└── prosody.cfg.lua

Was there localhost.cfg.lua before install? If that was there your deployment is misconfigured in prosody.
The config must be like jitsi-meet/prosody.cfg.lua-jvb.example at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub with the correct domain name
jitsi-meet/jitsi-meet-prosody.postinst at 2a321d6b1fdc4f5fc6009e628a18d9e5435c1b39 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

“Was there localhost.cfg.lua before install? If that was there your deployment is misconfigured in prosody.”

1. no I fresh installed jitsi meet from start so there is no localhost.cfg.lua before.

-in my case domain name is localhost.

1. In my prosody.cfg.lua

Include “conf.d/*.cfg.lua”

and in localhost.cfg.lua
it is same as your reference of prosody.cfg.lua with domain name(jitmeet.example.com) replaced with (localhost).

1. as I installed jitsi meet on localhost, so I did not cloned the jitsi meet from github. In my case jitsi code is installed at /usr/share/jitsi-meet

Can you do the following:

1. clean everything from /var/log/prosody
  2. Stop jicofo
  3. Restart prosody
  4. Wait few seconds
  5. Restart jicofo
  6. Upload everything from /var/log/prosody here.

ok, I will do the process and upload log files.

/var/log/prosody is not generating anything after following your process. It runs in the starting of the installation.

I am receiving error in jicofo.log and jvb.log.

output of firefox browser console:

What are the errors? What about prosody logs?

Does the same browser works when opening meet.jit.si links?

“Does the same browser works when opening meet.jit.si links?”
→ yes it works fine with meet.jit.si

“What are the errors? What about prosody logs?”
→ prosody logs are not generating

error in jicofo.log :

Jicofo 2022-10-17 20:22:57.319 SEVERE: [18] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#228: Failed to connect/login: undefined-condition You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core
Jicofo 2022-10-17 20:22:57.320 WARNING: [23] org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionClosedOnErrorListener: Connection XMPPTCPConnection[not-authenticated] (0) closed with error

This means the prosody was not restarted. Prosody always outputs logs when restarted …
Try stopping it, seeing there is no lua process and start it again and follow the steps above.