[Solved] phoneNumberList format for non US numbers

Hi
Just finished to setup jitsi with jigasi. Everything seems to work except of one small thing. I have only one available number for call-in. This is located in Switzerland. But when I use “Switzerland” or “CH” as country the dialog in Jitsi meet prints only the first letter of the country (“S” or “C”) instead of the number itself. When I use “US” everything is working as expected.

To demonstrate:

JSON:

{
	"message": "Phone numbers available.",
	"numbers":
	{
		"US":["+41 XX XXX XX XX"]
	},
	"numbersEnabled":true
}

Result:

To join the video meeting, click this link: LINK To join by phone, dial +41 XX XXX XX XX and enter this PIN: 2427876457# To view more phone numbers, click this link: LINK

When using Switzerland:

{
	"message": "Phone numbers available.",
	"numbers":
	{
		"CH":["+41 XX XXX XX XX"]
	},
	"numbersEnabled":true
}

Result:

To join the video meeting, click this link:LINK To join by phone, dial C and enter this PIN: 2427876457# To view more phone numbers, click this link: LINK

Is this a bug or did I something wrong?

Removed the links because I’m not allowed as a new user to post more than two links and they are irrelevant for my problem.

Use the following json format:

[
    {
        "countryCode": "CH",
        "formattedNumber": "+41 XX XXX XX XX"
    }
]

Does it work?

Thanks @damencho for your quick answer. Tried several combinations without success. How would the full JSON look like with your variant?

Here is an example of a whole json file:

[
    {
        "countryCode": "US",
        "tollFree": true,
        "formattedNumber": "+1 555-000-6425"
    },
    {
        "countryCode": "US",
        "tollFree": false,
        "formattedNumber": "+1 555-000-6427"
    }
]

Did you try with this exact formatting? We are using this format in production and will soon switch and meet.jit.si to it.

1 Like

Thank you. Upgraded my installation (jitsi-meet/stable 1.0.3734-1 all [upgradable from: 1.0.3548-1]) and now it works!