[SOLVED] No video and no sound for more than two participants after upgrade to jvb2

Hi all,

on my jitsi server (Debian Bister) only authenticated users are allowed to create new conference rooms. (I followed the instructions given on https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/blob/master/README.md#secure-domain).

I was (and am) very impressed by Jitsi. It’s a great program! :slight_smile:

Yesterday noticed that the upgrade from jitsi-meet 1.0.4101-1 was hold back because the old version depends on jitsi-videobridge while new version 2.0.4416-1 depends on jitsi-videobridge2.

After deinstalling jitsi-videobridge manually the upgrade started and finished without any errors or warnings.

But while everything works well for two participants, there is no video nor sound when a third participant joins a meeting.

I checked the log files, there are error reports, but I could not find any information about what caused the errors:

/var/log/prosody/prosody.log:

Apr 12 14:18:14 jitsi-videobridge.FQDN:component warn Component not connected, bouncing error for: <iq type='get' from='focus@auth.FQDN/focus45419817595839' id='uArfD-3766' to='jitsi-videobridge.FQDN'>

/var/log/jitsi/jicofo.log

Jicofo 2020-04-12 14:18:08.909 SCHWERWIEGEND: [96] org.jitsi.jicofo.bridge.JvbDoctor.log() Unexpected error returned by the bridge: jvbbrewery@internal.auth.FQDN/12ad0fa3-11fc-49d0-9315-a33c215dc2f0, err: <iq to='focus@auth.FQDN/focus45419817595839' from='jvbbrewery@internal.auth.FQDN/12ad0fa3-11fc-49d0-9315-a33c215dc2f0' id='uArfD-3740' type='error'><error type='auth'><not-authorized xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error></iq>

/var/log/jitsi/jvb.log:

2020-04-12 14:18:08.031 INFORMATION: [19] Health.doRun#294: Performed a successful health check in 8ms. Sticky failure: false
2020-04-12 14:18:13.969 INFORMATION: [18] VideobridgeExpireThread.expire#144: Running expire()
2020-04-12 14:18:18.031 INFORMATION: [19] Videobridge.createConference#326: create_conf, id=80033d14d0917566 gid=null logging=

(I replaced the hostname with FQDN; SCHWERWIEGEND can be translated with SERIOUS or CRITICAL)

Searching here in the forum or the problems of jitsi-meet or jitsi-videobridge reported on github did not help me. Therefore I would be grateful for any hint (or even a solution :slight_smile: ).

Thank you in advance

Regards

Thomas

PS: I just recently started using Jitsi so please apologize when I have overlooked something obvious.

Can you paste your jvb properties file from /etc/jitsi/videobridge masking any private info.

Hi damencho,

thanks for replying. :slight_smile:

/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config:

# Jitsi Videobridge settings

JVB_HOSTNAME=FQDN
JVB_HOST=
JVB_PORT=5347
JVB_SECRET=SECRET_1
JVB_OPTS="--apis=, "
JAVA_SYS_PROPS="-Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=videobridge -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_LOG_DIR_LOCATION=/var/log/jitsi -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties"

/etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties (all lines execpt the first were added during the upgrade to jitsi-videobridge2):

org.jitsi.videobridge.AUTHORIZED_SOURCE_REGEXP=focus@auth.FQDN/.*
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=localhost
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.FQDN
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=SECRET_1
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.FQDN
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=GUUID

Comment this line and restart jvb and give it another try.

Hi demencho,

Bull’s-eye! :smile: You got it. :smile: Without the line Jitsi works again. :smile:

To explain it, if someone has the same problem:

In the default installation the file

/etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties

is empty. This is what the installation routine of jvb2 assumes; it just adds its own instructions to the existing file. However, if the file is not empty, this can cause the problem described in the initial post of this thread.

Therefore the old version should be removed first, then the configuration file emptied and only then the new version installed:

apt remove jitsi-videobridge
cp -a /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties.v1
true > /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
apt install jitsi-meet 

Thank you again demencho!

Best regards

Thomas