[Solved] Make everybody a mod by default (muc_allowners help needed)

I need everybody whoc joins a call to be a moderator by default and don’t want to enable secure domain as well. I am running the latest build (installed like 1 day ago) and have enabled ‘muc_allowners’ inside prosody conf but it’s not working. Could anyone please help?

Thanks!

I answered @mubbashir10 in another reply but for others that may find their way here:

You can enable mod_muc_allowners.lua in your Prosody cfg.

Also check out this replies in this topic: [How to] What is a meeting moderator?

@mubbashir10 if you have other issues let us know and “Welcome to the community!”

1 Like

Thanks again! Your solution solved the problem. Right now kicking others is not working (which I guess would be fixed using the patch), everything else is working 100% - thanks to you!

i had no module as so I added one at /usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_muc_allowners.lua by copy pasting https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/master/resources/prosody-plugins/mod_muc_allowners.lua . Also I enabled the config in /etc/prosody/conf.d/jisti.foo.com.cfg.lua which looks like
Component "conference.jitsi.foo.com" "muc" storage = "none" modules_enabled = { "muc_meeting_id"; "muc_domain_mapper"; "muc_allowners"; -- "token_verification"; } admins = { "focus@auth.jitsi.foo.com" } muc_room_locking = false muc_room_default_public_jids = true
Still it does not works. Please help.

@hariom888,

Look at the top of your /etc/prosody/conf.d/jisti.foo.com.cfg.lua file…

plugin_paths should typically should be in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/ not /usr/lib/prosody/modules/

Also, checkout this reply:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

muc_moderators helped me solve the problem. thanks a lot for helping me out in such a short time period.