[SOLVED]Jigasi not sending SIP Register

Dear,

I have already installed jigasi on my Jitsi Server: sudo apt install jigasi.

Version: Jigasi 1.1.166-g929a439

I Setup extension/domain and password on wizard screen, so far so good.

But, as i can see bellow on jigasi.log, the SIP register is not working. It seems to be a DNS issue or the domain address format is not fine.
For sure, the domains address is correct.

Can you help me, please?

2021-02-13 21:15:39.717 INFO: [41] org.jitsi.jigasi.SipGateway.registrationStateChanged().120 REG STATE CHANGE ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:7777@escritorio.falepaco.com.br) → RegistrationStateChangeEvent[ oldState=Registering; newState=RegistrationState=Connection Failed; userRequest=false; reasonCode=6; reason=Operation not permitted]
2021-02-13 21:15:41.724 SEVERE: [41] impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register().444 No address found for ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:7777@escritorio.falepaco.com.br)
2021-02-13 21:15:41.724 INFO: [41] org.jitsi.jigasi.SipGateway.registrationStateChanged().120 REG STATE CHANGE ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:7777@escritorio.falepaco.com.br) → RegistrationStateChangeEvent[ oldState=Registering; newState=RegistrationState=Connection Failed; userRequest=false; reasonCode=8; reason=Invalid or inaccessible server address.]

If the DNS is correct, did you check if there’s a firewall on the sip server that is blocking?

Check with wireshark/tcpdump if the server is receiving the register request?

@Prashanth, thank you.

The SIP Register request is not even being sent outgoing to SIP Server.

Regards,

Edson

Is secure domain configured?
If yes, is jigasi auth configured (xmpp.acc.USER_ID), with password in plain text?

If register is not being sent, it looks like an authentication issue.

If you want, you may try reinstalling with this script GitHub - pregalla/jitsi: Installer for Jitsi, Jigasi, and Jibri

For secure domain and jigasi auth, choose either yes for both or no for both.

Is secure domain configured?
R: How can i find out this?

If yes, is jigasi auth configured (xmpp.acc.USER_ID), with password in plain text?
R: If you mean inside sip-communicator.properties file, all the passwords is in base64.

If register is not being sent, it looks like an authentication issue.
R: Yes, it is not being sent.

If you want, you may try reinstalling with this script Jitsi Install Script For Ubuntu (also Jigasi and Jibri)
R: Is it good to reinstall even if i had all the packages for jittsi/jibri/jigasi installed? Or do i have to setup it from the scratch?

You may uninstall and reinstall with this. Unless you have done anything extra besides the quick install instructions, you will have the same setup once done.

The script will do all configs for you. Just have to keep responding with yes/no.

Secure domain is when it asks you for a password to login.

Password in org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.PASS should be plain text(if you set it up)

Btw use script only if you are on either Ubuntu or Debian.

Just found out another logs that can help us to solve this issue:

2021-02-14 10:33:07.008 INFO: [41] org.jitsi.jigasi.SipGateway.registrationStateChanged().120 REG STATE CHANGE ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl(SIP:7777@escritorio.falepaco.com.br) → RegistrationStateChangeEvent[ oldState=Unregistered; newState=RegistrationState=Registering; userRequest=false; reasonCode=-1; reason=null]
2021-02-14 10:33:07.051 SEVERE: [41] impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarConnection.register().342 Could not send out the register request!
javax.sip.SipException: Operation not permitted

It is Debian 10. So, i am good to go.

Try disabling firewall on the jitsi server.

yes you are. I have just done a Debian-10 install with that script, all jitsi-meet, jigasi and jibri.
Let us know how it goes.

Try disabling firewall on the jitsi server.
R: Do You mean an internal firewall on jitsi?

yes, ufw or iptables on jitsi server, for checking if that is the issue.

You nailed it, iptables was dropping SIP UDP outgoing packets. Thanks a lot.

Ok. Great. You may update the title to something like [SOLVED] for others to know the status by simply looking at it.

Hey @edson-inout does your solution was only the iptables or did you do anything else?
I got the same issues here but in Ubuntu. UFW disabled, all UDP ports open in AWS Security Groups.

Did you set the org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.PASS as well? For me is commented by default

Thanks.