[solved] Docker installation, fine until someone joins my room

Hi,
installation of the docker-compose went fine (well, wasn’t much to do). I installed certificates into nginx-container, so i am able now to connect to jitsi-meet.
opening a conference is working fine as well, but when somebody joins my conference room after some seconds the message occurs “Unfortunately, something went wrong.”
After reconnection it works again for a couple of seconds before it disconnects again.

The installation is on a server in my lan, and the clients connecting to it are on another subnet.

how can i debug it?

kind regards,
andre

Is there routing between those 2 networks? Also, check https://github.com/jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet#running-on-a-lan-environment

sure there is a routing, but there is no firewalling. very flat hierarchy, every network can reach any other.
jitsi is running on subnet A, both clients are on subnet B. Both clients can connect to Subnet A (and to jitsi as well).
docker-host-address is already set to host ip (of subnet A). is there a way to verify in logs, that this is set correctly?

Check the jvp/sip-communicator.properties file in your config directory, you should see the IP there.

that is indeed not the fact:

org.jitsi.videobridge.AUTHORIZED_SOURCE_REGEXP=focus@auth.meet.jitsi/.*
org.jitsi.videobridge.SINGLE_PORT_HARVESTER_PORT=10000
org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_PORT=4443

org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=stun.l.google.com:19302,stun1.l.    google.com:19302,stun2.l.google.com:19302

org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=xmpp.meet.jitsi
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.meet.jitsi
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=passw0rd
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=jvbbrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=f1c3375377fc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_INTERVAL=5000

regards,
andre

Aha! If you changed anything in your .env file, delete your config directory and restart the containers so the content is regenrated.

wow, perfect answer!!! thanks a lot!!! it seems to work now!

1 Like