Sip gateway enabled: false

I’ve installed jitsi and jigasi, but meet isn’t showing any SIP functionality (no phone invite button).
Browser console reports “Sip gateway enabled: false”.

I’ve verified that jigasi is successfully registering with my asterisk, and the only errors I see in the jigasi.logs are:

2020-09-01 10:19:20.296 SEVERE: [10] impl.configuration.ConfigurationActivator.log() Error creating c lib instance for fixing file permissions
2020-09-01 10:19:25.376 SEVERE: [10] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.device.DeviceConfiguration.log() Failed to register custom Renderer org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.jmfext.media.renderer.audio.PulseAudioRenderer with JMF.

which in the bug tracker and here on the forum are listed as harmless.

I’m running a real (non-self-signed) cert set up in the initial install, and I haven’t touched anything in the config files except I tried turning on net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.ALWAYS_TRUST_MODE_ENABLED=true in jigasi/sip-communicator.properties.

ubuntu 18.04.

What else I should be looking at to debug this?

You better switch jigasi to use mucs https://github.com/jitsi/jigasi#call-control-mucs-brewery it is the recommended way.
I have it on my backlog to fix it to happen by default and will work on it soon.

Forgive me for a dumb question, but just to verify…

• The net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol… stuff at that link goes in jigasi.conf
  • jicofo.conf gets one new line for org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.BREWERY
  • Prosody will need a new account matching the ```
    …acc-xmpp-1.ACCOUNT_UIDf, and associated credentials, from jigasi.conf above.

Does that sound like everything?

That is in /etc/jitsi/jigasi/sip-communicator.properties

Yep. /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties

Yes.

That documentation would be much improved by example prosody config changes; it’s not at all obvious what needs to change/add.

1 Like