sip-communicator.version prop in build.xml (attn: package maintainers)

Hello all,

I've just added a new version service and its implementation. All bundles (such as the Help->About dialog) can now query the current version of SIP Communicator.

I've also crafted an ant "version" task that sets a sip-communicator.version property. Package maintainers could now use this property to complete the name of their packages.

When executed by cruisecontrol the ant version target also takes into account the build number and includes it inside the value of the version property. This way nightly builds would automatically include it.

The next successful nightly build should therefore carry a version label that looks like this:

1.0-alpha1-nightly.build.447

Let me know if you encounter any problems using it.

Cheers
Emil

Hi Emil,

Thanks, I think this is useful for automatic packaging. Please find
enclosed a patch for the build.xml to use {sip-communicator.version}
instead of {macosx.app.ver} (for MacOSX packages). The patch also
reduces the MacOSX package size by removing useless jar.

regards,
romain

Emil Ivov wrote:

sip-communicator-20061207-version.diff (3.39 KB)

···

Hello all,

I've just added a new version service and its implementation. All bundles (such as the Help->About dialog) can now query the current version of SIP Communicator.

I've also crafted an ant "version" task that sets a sip-communicator.version property. Package maintainers could now use this property to complete the name of their packages.

When executed by cruisecontrol the ant version target also takes into account the build number and includes it inside the value of the version property. This way nightly builds would automatically include it.

The next successful nightly build should therefore carry a version label that looks like this:

Cheers
Emil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

--
Romain KUNTZ
kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp

Hello Romain and please excuse the delay,

I have applied and committed your patch.

Thanks for following up!

Emil

Romain KUNTZ wrote:

···

Hi Emil,

Thanks, I think this is useful for automatic packaging. Please find
enclosed a patch for the build.xml to use {sip-communicator.version}
instead of {macosx.app.ver} (for MacOSX packages). The patch also
reduces the MacOSX package size by removing useless jar.

regards,
romain

Emil Ivov wrote:

Hello all,

Cheers
Emil

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- sip-communicator-20061207/build.xml 2006-12-05 01:47:54.000000000 +0900
+++ sip-communicator-20061207-version/build.xml 2006-12-07 16:00:46.000000000 +0900
@@ -40,8 +40,6 @@
     <property name="macosx.resrc.dir" value="\{inst\.resrc\}/macosx&quot;/&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;\!\-\- Put here the Application name \-\-&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;property name=&quot;macosx\.app\.name&quot; value=&quot;SIP Communicator&quot;/&gt; \- &lt;\!\-\- Put here the Application version \-\-&gt; \- &lt;property name=&quot;macosx\.app\.ver&quot; value=&quot;1\.0\.rc1&quot;/&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;\!\-\- The release directory for Debian packages \-\-&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;property name=&quot;debian\.dir&quot; value=&quot;{release}/debian"/>
@@ -297,7 +295,7 @@
     </target>
      <!-- - - - - - - - - - - BUILDING RELEASE PACKAGES - - - - - - - - - - - -->
- <target name="macosx" depends="make"
+ <target name="macosx" depends="make,version"
             description="Create an .app package for MACOSX">
        <taskdef name="jarbundler"
@@ -316,18 +314,18 @@
       </condition>
        <!-- Delete the old .app if it exists -->
- <delete dir="\{macosx\.app\.dir\}/{macosx.app.name}-\{macosx\.app\.ver\}\.app&quot; \+ &lt;delete dir=&quot;{macosx.app.dir}/\{macosx\.app\.name\}\-{sip-communicator.version}.app"
               quiet="yes" failonerror="false"/>
        <!-- This creates the .app for MacOSX -->
       <jarbundler dir="\{macosx\.app\.dir\}&quot; \- name=&quot;{macosx.app.name}-\{macosx\.app\.ver\}&quot; \+ name=&quot;{macosx.app.name}-\{sip\-communicator\.version\}&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;shortname=&quot;SIP Communicator&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;signature=&quot;sipc&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;mainclass=&quot;org\.apache\.felix\.main\.Main&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;icon=&quot;src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/gui/resources/common/logo/sc\_logo\_128x128\.icns&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;jvmversion=&quot;1\.4\+&quot; \- version=&quot;{macosx.app.ver}"
+ version="\{sip\-communicator\.version\}&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;build=&quot;draft&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;infostring=&quot;SIP Communicator&quot; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;bundleid=&quot;org\.sip\-communicator&quot; @@ \-346,8 \+344,10 @@ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;value=&quot;logging\.properties&quot;/&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;jarfileset dir=&quot;\.&quot;&gt; \- &lt;include name=&quot;{lib}/*.jar" />
- <exclude name="\{lib\}/junit\.jar&quot; /&gt; \+ &lt;include name=&quot;{lib}/kxml-min.jar" />
+ <include name="\{lib\}/felix\.jar&quot; /&gt; \+ &lt;include name=&quot;{lib}/BrowserLauncher2.jar" />
+ <include name="\{lib\}/servicebinder\.jar&quot; /&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;include name=&quot;{lib}/bundle/*.jar" />
           <exclude name="\{lib\}/bundle/junit\.jar&quot; /&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;include name=&quot;{jmf.home}/*.jar" />
@@ -363,15 +363,15 @@
     <target name="dmg" depends="macosx"
             description="Create a .dmg package for MACOSX (only works on MACOSX)">
       <property name="macosx.dmg.name"
- value="\{macosx\.app\.name\}\-{macosx.app.ver}.dmg"/>
+ value="\{macosx\.app\.name\}\-{sip-communicator.version}.dmg"/>
        <!-- This is executed only if the OS is MacOSX -->
       <exec executable="/usr/bin/hdiutil" os="Mac OS X">
         <arg value="create"/>
         <arg value="-srcfolder"/>
- <arg value="\{macosx\.app\.dir\}/{macosx.app.name}-\{macosx\.app\.ver\}\.app&quot;/&gt; \+ &lt;arg value=&quot;{macosx.app.dir}/\{macosx\.app\.name\}\-{sip-communicator.version}.app"/>
         <arg value="-volname"/>
- <arg value="\{macosx\.app\.name\} {macosx.app.ver}"/>
+ <arg value="\{macosx\.app\.name\} {sip-communicator.version}"/>
         <arg value="-ov"/>
         <arg value="\{macosx\.app\.dir\}/{macosx.dmg.name}"/>
       </exec>

------------------------------------------------------------------------