sip communicator media problem behind NAT

Hello All,

I had a media problem when both of my clients are sip communicator behind NAT.sip communicator identified NAT as PORT restricted NAT using STUN server. when i call it connects properly.But the media doesn't pass on either side in the case where both the ends are sip communicator.

If the one end is sip-communcator and the other end is windows messanger,in this case windows Messager recevies the media properly but the sip communicator fails to receive any media.

I had used stun01.sipphone.com and larry.gloo.net stun servers and Asterisk as my sip server.I had traced it using tcpdump in my SIP server end and etheral at my sip communicator end to log the network packet flow details.The result shows that the gateway machine is not listened on the particular port that is specified as video port and audio port on configuration.The asterisk server machine tells that the specified port is unreachable.

> Stun server |
                        >-------------------|
                               ^
> > > >
> client1 |------->gateway1---|
>---------| LAN 1 | v
                             > >
                             >Asterisk sip server|
                             >-------------------|
> > > ^
> client2 |------->gateway2---|
>---------| LAN 2 | |
                               v
                         > Stun server |
                         >-------------------|

primary stun server - stun01.sipphone.com
secondary stun server- larry.gloo.net

Is that the setup is wrong? or sip communicator doesn't support NAT?
can anybody help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Partha

Hi Parthasarathi
Could I see ur tcpdump and ethereal trace logs please?

Emil

Parthasarathi Raju wrote:

···

Hello All,
I had a media problem when both of my clients are sip communicator behind NAT.sip communicator identified NAT as PORT restricted NAT using STUN server. when i call it connects properly.But the media doesn't pass on either side in the case where both the ends are sip communicator.
If the one end is sip-communcator and the other end is windows messanger,in this case windows Messager recevies the media properly but the sip communicator fails to receive any media.
I had used stun01.sipphone.com and larry.gloo.net stun servers and Asterisk as my sip server.I had traced it using tcpdump in my SIP server end and etheral at my sip communicator end to log the network packet flow details.The result shows that the gateway machine is not listened on the particular port that is specified as video port and audio port on configuration.The asterisk server machine tells that the specified port is unreachable.

> Stun server | >-------------------| ^
> > > >
> client1 |------->gateway1---| >---------| LAN 1 | v
                             > >
                             >Asterisk sip server|
                             >-------------------|
> > > ^ > client2 |------->gateway2---| >---------| LAN 2 | | v
                         > Stun server | >-------------------|

secondary stun server- larry.gloo.net

Is that the setup is wrong? or sip communicator doesn't support NAT? can anybody help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Partha

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net