[sip-comm] stun4j failed to bind when running the latest nightly build

Hi,

I have just started using sip-communicator and am facing the following problem when using a stun server. I am behind a firewall and in order to make a call, I need to use stun. Please help me!

This is the error from the log

10:41:09.953 WARNING: net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessManager.installNetAccessPoint() The NAPD(net.java.stun4j.stack.AccessPoint@0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5060 status: running) failed to bind

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Cannot bind

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.DatagramSocket.(Unknown Source)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessPoint.start(NetAccessPoint.java:114)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessManager.installNetAccessPoint(NetAccessManager.java:229)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.StunStack.installNetAccessPoint(StunStack.java:108)

at net.java.stun4j.client.SimpleAddressDetector.getMappingFor(SimpleAddressDetector.java:113)

at net.java.stun4j.client.SimpleAddressDetector.getMappingFor(SimpleAddressDetector.java:191)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.queryStunServer(NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.java:309)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.getPublicAddressFor(NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.java:346)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.getRegistrationContactHeader(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:1333)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarConnection.register(SipRegistrarConnection.java:297)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:466)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.login.LoginManager$RegisterProvider.run(LoginManager.java:440)

10:41:09.953 SEVERE: impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.queryStunServer() Failed to retrive mapped address port:5060

net.java.stun4j.StunException: An IOException occurred while starting access point: StunAddress=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5060

at net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessManager.installNetAccessPoint(NetAccessManager.java:234)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.StunStack.installNetAccessPoint(StunStack.java:108)

at net.java.stun4j.client.SimpleAddressDetector.getMappingFor(SimpleAddressDetector.java:113)

at net.java.stun4j.client.SimpleAddressDetector.getMappingFor(SimpleAddressDetector.java:191)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.queryStunServer(NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.java:309)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.getPublicAddressFor(NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.java:346)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.getRegistrationContactHeader(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:1333)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarConnection.register(SipRegistrarConnection.java:297)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.register(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:466)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.login.LoginManager$RegisterProvider.run(LoginManager.java:440)

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Cannot bind

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.DatagramSocket.(Unknown Source)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessPoint.start(NetAccessPoint.java:114)

at net.java.stun4j.stack.NetAccessManager.installNetAccessPoint(NetAccessManager.java:229)

… 9 more

I have included the following settings in the sip-communicator.xml

<STUN_SERVER_ADDRESS value=“stun01.sipphone.com”></STUN_SERVER_ADDRESS>

<STUN_SERVER_PORT value="3478"></STUN_SERVER_PORT>

also prior to the bind error, I see that listening points are created on the same port

10:41:06.343 FINE: impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.createListeningPoint() Created LP 0.0.0.0:5060/udp

10:41:06.343 FINE: impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.createListeningPoint() Created LP 0.0.0.0:5060/tcp

what could be the reason behind stun not able to connect?

Thanks

Sampath Ganji

···

This message was sent via a demo version of - http://atmail.com/ --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net