[sip-comm] Problems with MSN on Vista and also with SIP Com on Windows XP

Hi,

This is my first intervention at this mailing list, so please warn me if I fail to abide to any of your policies or I'm off-topic in any way.

I've been using SIP Communicator on Windows Vista Premium @ 64 bits since version sip-communicator-1.0-alpha3-nightly.build.1633. With that version I was able to use without any problem:

- 2 SIP accounts;
- 2 MSN accounts;
- 1 Google Talk account;
- 2 Jabber accounts;
- 1 RSS account.

I skipped versions 1634, 1635 and 1636 but I think it was since 1637 that MSN accounts stopped working. I'm able to login but I do not see my contacts and neither can they see me or contact me.

I've tried to delete the accounts and create them again, but it didn't help.

Also:

I tried to install these last versions on Windows XP but it was impossible to even start the application afterwords. I've installed on that OS the version sip-communicator-1.0-alpha2 and it works but only for the SIP accounts. Other kind of accounts seem to not work at all.

I thank in advance any help you may give to me.

Roberto

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,

we have nightly builds with tests. From a few days these tests a failing because of contact list management in msn.
The msn servers changed their certificates on their servers and broke the msn support. I will look at it next week and you will be the first one to know
when its fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting it, stay tuned :slight_smile:
damencho

Roberto Gorj�o wrote:

···

Hi,

This is my first intervention at this mailing list, so please warn me if I fail to abide to any of your policies or I'm off-topic in any way.

I've been using SIP Communicator on Windows Vista Premium @ 64 bits since version sip-communicator-1.0-alpha3-nightly.build.1633. With that version I was able to use without any problem:

- 2 SIP accounts;
- 2 MSN accounts;
- 1 Google Talk account;
- 2 Jabber accounts;
- 1 RSS account.

I skipped versions 1634, 1635 and 1636 but I think it was since 1637 that MSN accounts stopped working. I'm able to login but I do not see my contacts and neither can they see me or contact me.

I've tried to delete the accounts and create them again, but it didn't help.

Also:

I tried to install these last versions on Windows XP but it was impossible to even start the application afterwords. I've installed on that OS the version sip-communicator-1.0-alpha2 and it works but only for the SIP accounts. Other kind of accounts seem to not work at all.

I thank in advance any help you may give to me.

Roberto

Damencho,

Thank you very much for your support and for your efforts on the development of this fantastic software!

Roberto

···

--------------------------
Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

we have nightly builds with tests. From a few days these tests a failing because of contact list management in msn.
The msn servers changed their certificates on their servers and broke the msn support. I will look at it next week and you will be the first one to know
when its fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting it, stay tuned :slight_smile:
damencho