I am using SIP Communicator 1.0-alpha2-nightly-build-617. I have also got
the latest source from 29th March and successfully "clean" compiled
and started the felix using ANT.
In both the instances (pre-packaged and recompiled), I could make a phone
call and the called party could hear my voice. However, the caller (myself)
could never hear any incoming audio. Infact I dint even hear the "ringing"
when the call status was "connecting".
I am behind home wireless router firewall but made sure my IP is in DMZ as
well as ports 22222 and 22224 <email@example.com> unblocked
(per Emil's instructions on the web).
I tried changing few things in the code, recompile, use latest JMF jars but
couldnt get the inbound audio. The SIP server uses G.723 codec. I tried
other softphones with the same server and they all worked well. I dint have
enough luck with SIPCommunicator yet.