[sip-comm-dev] Yahoo Group Chat (and a little bit MSN)

Hello everybody,

first a little update to my msn situation, I posted it some days ago, I can't login to the msn and now I found out that this is an account problem. I created new accounts for testing, and all newly created accounts are not working anymore with the old msnversion used in the jml library. Idon't know if this affects all new accounts, because they update their registration system and I can't create new accounts for the live-network. Maybe someone can try to create a new account for me for testing issues.

I have now created the core system for the yahoo group chat, it is now possible to react to invites and to attend in group chats. So most of the parts are working right now, but I have a little problem for multi user chats that the user creates himself. The CreateGroupDialog only provides a field for the chatRoomName, but I need also at least one user to invite to the group chat to create an new conference inside the yahoo network. So my idea is that I create a new CreateGroupChatDialog maybe with a UserList and a mutliple invite function for protocol that needs extra invites for the chat creation.

The second issue is that the yahoo system provides public / system group chats, I tried to implement this function, but I noticed that yahoo has a new security system for their public group chats. The public group chats are completely disabled in the official client version 8.1 and you can only participat in pub. group chats with their new beta (9.0). They tried to avoid spam by CAPTCHAs. So you have to insert a dynamic security code before you can participat in a public group chat. So I think this is not possible to implement for the sip.communicator. I also tried the "new" version of the ymsg lib 0.64, but it have this function in their lib.

Maybe anyone have some ideas for the new dialog and some hints for the starting.

Have a nice day.
Rupert.

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hey Rupert,

I did not quite understand why displaying CAPTCHAs won't work with SC.
Can you please explain this in more detail?

Cheers
Emil

Rupert Burchardi написа:

···

Hello everybody,

first a little update to my msn situation, I posted it some days ago, I
can't login to the msn and now I found out that this is an account
problem. I created new accounts for testing, and all newly created
accounts are not working anymore with the old msnversion used in the jml
library. Idon't know if this affects all new accounts, because they
update their registration system and I can't create new accounts for the
live-network. Maybe someone can try to create a new account for me for
testing issues.

I have now created the core system for the yahoo group chat, it is now
possible to react to invites and to attend in group chats. So most of
the parts are working right now, but I have a little problem for multi
user chats that the user creates himself. The CreateGroupDialog only
provides a field for the chatRoomName, but I need also at least one user
to invite to the group chat to create an new conference inside the yahoo
network. So my idea is that I create a new CreateGroupChatDialog maybe
with a UserList and a mutliple invite function for protocol that needs
extra invites for the chat creation.

The second issue is that the yahoo system provides public / system group
chats, I tried to implement this function, but I noticed that yahoo has
a new security system for their public group chats. The public group
chats are completely disabled in the official client version 8.1 and you
can only participat in pub. group chats with their new beta (9.0). They
tried to avoid spam by CAPTCHAs. So you have to insert a dynamic
security code before you can participat in a public group chat. So I
think this is not possible to implement for the sip.communicator. I also
tried the "new" version of the ymsg lib 0.64, but it have this function
in their lib.

Maybe anyone have some ideas for the new dialog and some hints for the
starting.

Have a nice day.
Rupert.

Hey Emil,

sorry for that, what I wrote was a little bit misleading. I meant that the library, we use for the yahoo protocol, doesn't provide such a function. I think this security update is kinda new, and although there is a "new" version (v0.64) of the lib, I tested it and doesn't provide such a function either.

Cheers Rup.

Emil Ivov schrieb:

···

Hey Rupert,

I did not quite understand why displaying CAPTCHAs won't work with SC.
Can you please explain this in more detail?

Cheers
Emil

Rupert Burchardi написа:

Hello everybody,

first a little update to my msn situation, I posted it some days ago, I can't login to the msn and now I found out that this is an account problem. I created new accounts for testing, and all newly created accounts are not working anymore with the old msnversion used in the jml library. Idon't know if this affects all new accounts, because they update their registration system and I can't create new accounts for the live-network. Maybe someone can try to create a new account for me for testing issues.

I have now created the core system for the yahoo group chat, it is now possible to react to invites and to attend in group chats. So most of the parts are working right now, but I have a little problem for multi user chats that the user creates himself. The CreateGroupDialog only provides a field for the chatRoomName, but I need also at least one user to invite to the group chat to create an new conference inside the yahoo network. So my idea is that I create a new CreateGroupChatDialog maybe with a UserList and a mutliple invite function for protocol that needs extra invites for the chat creation.

The second issue is that the yahoo system provides public / system group chats, I tried to implement this function, but I noticed that yahoo has a new security system for their public group chats. The public group chats are completely disabled in the official client version 8.1 and you can only participat in pub. group chats with their new beta (9.0). They tried to avoid spam by CAPTCHAs. So you have to insert a dynamic security code before you can participat in a public group chat. So I think this is not possible to implement for the sip.communicator. I also tried the "new" version of the ymsg lib 0.64, but it have this function in their lib.

Maybe anyone have some ideas for the new dialog and some hints for the starting.

Have a nice day.
Rupert.

Hello,

I ask something like this earlier but didn't get a reply.

Can someone point me to the method of recording an existing call. Also I would like to play recorded audio files to an existing call.

Basically, I want just a couple of the basic PBX functions.

thanks, Kim

···

Hi,

I have been hanging out on the IRC #sip-communicator chat but haven't found anybody around. It is still used and when might be a good time to find some people?

thanks, Kim

···

Hey Kim,

I really notice the same thing by myself, and I think this maybe also a problem to your time zone, don't know when you normally try to reach someone, but I think the best time are around the 12am to 6pm UTC. But if you have problems just post them to this mailing list, and in most of the time you get really get a nice responses from this community. And I think this can also be an advantage, because I believe that sometimes you really learn something from formulating your problems for a ML post.

Unfortunatly I can't help you with your "Recording problem", but I am sure that some one will give you some starting points.

Cheers Rup.

PS: I'll try to stay more often in the irc, even if I can't really help you or other sip-com users/devs ;-).

Kim Michael Fairchild schrieb:

···

Hi,

I have been hanging out on the IRC #sip-communicator chat but haven't found anybody around. It is still used and when might be a good time to find some people?

thanks, Kim