I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.net
Developer role) to Vincent Lucas.
Vincent, has been been contributing to SIP Communicator for quite a long
time now and I had personally asked him to become a part of the dev team
more than six months ago. He has told me today that he nows feel
comfortable with the idea of taking the extra responsibility so I am
happy to be able to finally call this vote.
This list of things that Vincent has contributed to the project is very
long so i'll probably be missing some of them. Here's a non-exhaustive
* Contributed a javadns based implementation of the
NetworkUtils.getSRVRecords() method (previously based on JNDI). The
method would now work on systems with IPv6 DNS servers.
* Added item abstracts (when they exist) for RSS feeds in
* Together with Mihai, fixed formatting of HTML messages in the GUI.
* Mentored Mihai Balan during GSoC 2007.
* Contributed the alpha2 banner.
* Submitted a patch that allows closing the startup splash screen.
* Provided an alpha3 news banner.
* Contributed a French translation.
* Currently mentoring Sebastien Mazy as part of GSoC 2008
* ... and many many others that I can't remember any more
Therefore, according to the procedure described in "Becoming a SIP
Communicator Committer" :
I am calling this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role.
[ ] +1 Accept Vincent as a committer.
[ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
[ ] -1 Reject Vincent as a committer.
Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the SIP Communicator community.