I would like to call a vote for granting developer role to Damien Roth.
Damien has been with us for six months now and during this time he was
constantly contributing bug fixes and new functionalities. He has started working on SIP Communicator in the context of a university project and has been very active ever since. Every new functionality he provided was followed by quick responses to new requirements and bug fixes. He has also provided a number of patches improving or fixing some existing features.
Some of Damian's contributions are:
- Dictionary protocol and wizard implementation and documentation.
- Patch that sorts the list of plugins shown in the plugin manager.
- Patch that fixes some about window and splash screen bugs.
- A number of improvements to the automatic status change configuration
dialog. (Set a title; Allow the user to close it with the X button; use dispose() instead of setVisible(false); Update the design to fit with the other dialogs (for the two buttons at the bottom of the dialog); no border and align to the right. Moved the auto away configuration dialog into the general configuration form.)
- Fixed erroneous use of DictActivator in IRC
- Improved the �new contact� dialog by sorting the protocol list.
- Currently working on a profile manager plugin.
Therefore, according to the procedure described in "Becoming a SIP Communicator Committer" :
I am calling this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role.
[ ] +1 Accept Damien as a committer.
[ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
[ ] -1 Reject Damien as a committer.
Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the SIP Communicator community.