[sip-comm-dev] User Agent Display GSoC Progress

I've fixed the problems with my code that Yana noted and attached a patch containing the most recent code.

I've also included my JUnit tests, which I've had a little trouble with. For all supported protocols I've made a TestOperationSetUserAgent that extends TestCase. In each class I setUp() and tearDown() the class and have a suite() which adds tests. Then, for each ProtocolProviderServiceLick I add the TestOperationSetUserAgent as one of the Tests. Now, I was under the impression that each time the project is made (through make()) these tests are executed although it would appear that none of my tests are being executed (I checked by making assertions that were false assertTrue(null != null)).

Also, it would appear that there is not an IRC SLICK. What's behind this?

Besides that small issue with the JUnit tests I think I've completed all of the tasks set out for me for the first section of coding. I'll continue reviewing, cleaning, and improving the code until the next seciton starts in a few days.

If you have any problems or need anything that I may have forgotten feel free to e-mail me and I'll get you what you need. Cheers!

-Brett

patch.txt (128 KB)

Hi Brett,

Geren, Brett wrote:

I've fixed the problems with my code that Yana noted and attached a patch containing the most recent code.

Thanks for sending the patch! I'll try to review it until the end of the week and give you some feedback.

I've also included my JUnit tests, which I've had a little trouble with. For all supported protocols I've made a TestOperationSetUserAgent that extends TestCase. In each class I setUp() and tearDown() the class and have a suite() which adds tests. Then, for each ProtocolProviderServiceLick I add the TestOperationSetUserAgent as one of the Tests. Now, I was under the impression that each time the project is made (through make()) these tests are executed although it would appear that none of my tests are being executed (I checked by making assertions that were false assertTrue(null != null)).

In order to run your tests you should make some configurations. Have a look here: http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Documentation/TestSelection. Then you run the tests by invoking "ant test".

Also, it would appear that there is not an IRC SLICK. What's behind this?

Yes, for now we don't have unit tests for Irc. I'm not aware of any specific reason, besides the fact that the person that implemented Irc didn't have the time to write them.

Besides that small issue with the JUnit tests I think I've completed all of the tasks set out for me for the first section of coding. I'll continue reviewing, cleaning, and improving the code until the next seciton starts in a few days.

Ok, great.

If you have any problems or need anything that I may have forgotten feel free to e-mail me and I'll get you what you need. Cheers!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Yana

ยทยทยท

-Brett

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net