[sip-comm-dev] Two Video Windows Simultaneously


#1

Dear Folks,

Please consider this situation:

There are 2 video-cameras with SIP Communicators in two different rooms. I
want to video call them from 3rd SIP Comm *at the same time*.

So there will be 2 different video windows at 3rd PC simultaneously.
[something similar with close circuit camera]

Could anyone tell me if this possible. Which source file should I look at. I
am not sure if following file is useful in this case. (It will be great if I
can disable audio).

net/java/sip/communicator/impl/media/CallSessionImpl.java

Thank you.

Best Regards,

PS: Using SIP protocol. Number of video windows could grow more.


#2

There are 2 video-cameras with SIP Communicators in two different rooms. I
want to video call them from 3rd SIP Comm at the same time.

When you say "at the same time", it sounds to me like you want to
create a conference call from the 3rd SIP Communicator to the other
two. We currently support audio-only conference calls, video
conferencing is planned for the future.

So there will be 2 different video windows at 3rd PC simultaneously.
[something similar with close circuit camera]

We currently show a video window per call. So "2 different video
windows" makes me doubt that you want to create a conference calls
from the 3rd SIP Communicator. Could you please clarify whether you
want to have separate calls between the 3rd SIP Communicator and each
of the other two or you want a single call which includes the three
SIP Communicators?

Which source file should I look at. I
am not sure if following file is useful in this case. (It will be great if I
can disable audio).

net/java/sip/communicator/impl/media/CallSessionImpl.java

You don't want to look at net/java/sip/communicator/impl/media because
it's no longer in use. You should look at the source files of the
neomedia bundle residing in net/java/sip/communicator/impl/neomedia
for the media-related part of the problem and at the SIP protocol
implementation in net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/sip for the
functionality to actually set up such a call.

···

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Pujan Srivastava <pujansrt@gmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#3

Dear Lyubomir,

Thanks for useful and quick reply.
Let me elaborate by an example. It'd make picture clear.

3 SIP Communicators
Caller A
Callee B
Callee C

1. 'A' make a video call to 'B'. >> 'A' can see 'B'.
2. 'A' make a video call to 'C'. >> 'A' can see 'C'.

I think I should not call this situation a conference call because other
clients (B & C) do not want to see caller A. and also because calls are
separate ( single ).

Should I see neomedia bundles, or any specific file. Could you give me
suggestions

Do you have any doubt, please do let me know.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Pujan

···

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 15:23, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@sip-communicator.org>wrote:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Pujan Srivastava <pujansrt@gmail.com> > wrote:
> There are 2 video-cameras with SIP Communicators in two different rooms.
I
> want to video call them from 3rd SIP Comm at the same time.

When you say "at the same time", it sounds to me like you want to
create a conference call from the 3rd SIP Communicator to the other
two. We currently support audio-only conference calls, video
conferencing is planned for the future.

> So there will be 2 different video windows at 3rd PC simultaneously.
> [something similar with close circuit camera]

We currently show a video window per call. So "2 different video
windows" makes me doubt that you want to create a conference calls
from the 3rd SIP Communicator. Could you please clarify whether you
want to have separate calls between the 3rd SIP Communicator and each
of the other two or you want a single call which includes the three
SIP Communicators?

> Which source file should I look at. I
> am not sure if following file is useful in this case. (It will be great
if I
> can disable audio).
>
> net/java/sip/communicator/impl/media/CallSessionImpl.java

You don't want to look at net/java/sip/communicator/impl/media because
it's no longer in use. You should look at the source files of the
neomedia bundle residing in net/java/sip/communicator/impl/neomedia
for the media-related part of the problem and at the SIP protocol
implementation in net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/sip for the
functionality to actually set up such a call.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

--

------------------------------
Pujan Srivastava


#4

Let me elaborate by an example. It'd make picture clear.

3 SIP Communicators
Caller A
Callee B
Callee C

1. 'A' make a video call to 'B'. >> 'A' can see 'B'.
2. 'A' make a video call to 'C'. >> 'A' can see 'C'.

I think I should not call this situation a conference call because other
clients (B & C) do not want to see caller A. and also because calls are
separate ( single ).

The described scenario should work in SIP Communicator. Just try it
and determine the details you'd like to tune. For example, we have a
SingleCallInProgressPolicy active which will automatically put your
first call on hold upon you establishing a second call and it sounds
like you may not want it (there's a configuration property to disable
it).

Should I see neomedia bundles, or any specific file. Could you give me
suggestions

The way you describe it, you make me think that you want B and C to
automatically (1) answer their respective calls made by A and (2)
start streaming their video. SIP Communicator doesn't have these so
you'll have to develop them yourself (we'll likely be willing to
review your modifications should you choose to contribute them).

···

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Pujan Srivastava <pujansrt@gmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#5

Dear Lyubomir,

Thanks. It is useful information.

I will check in the real environment if this work for my situation.

I will contribute as and when I make it work.

Thanks and Cheers,
Pujan

···

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 16:34, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@sip-communicator.org>wrote:

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Pujan Srivastava <pujansrt@gmail.com> > wrote:
> Let me elaborate by an example. It'd make picture clear.
>
> 3 SIP Communicators
> Caller A
> Callee B
> Callee C
>
> 1. 'A' make a video call to 'B'. >> 'A' can see 'B'.
> 2. 'A' make a video call to 'C'. >> 'A' can see 'C'.
>
> I think I should not call this situation a conference call because other
> clients (B & C) do not want to see caller A. and also because calls are
> separate ( single ).

The described scenario should work in SIP Communicator. Just try it
and determine the details you'd like to tune. For example, we have a
SingleCallInProgressPolicy active which will automatically put your
first call on hold upon you establishing a second call and it sounds
like you may not want it (there's a configuration property to disable
it).

> Should I see neomedia bundles, or any specific file. Could you give me
> suggestions

The way you describe it, you make me think that you want B and C to
automatically (1) answer their respective calls made by A and (2)
start streaming their video. SIP Communicator doesn't have these so
you'll have to develop them yourself (we'll likely be willing to
review your modifications should you choose to contribute them).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

--

------------------------------
Pujan Srivastava