So, it's been two long weeks, and now I feel I have advanced enough to give an update to the project status.
1) First I have a problem with positioning my menu next to the help menu on the chat menu bar as you can see here for now it is inside the help menu rather than next to it:
I also noticed that a "Settings" menu has been deleted form this same menubar in the latest builds, so maybe some code prevents from adding any menu directly next to the Help menu now.
I am trying to add my menu in this way:
Hashtable<String, String> filter
= new Hashtable<String, String>();
but nothing happens, so I have to use this instead
filter = new Hashtable<String, String>();
2) There is also a configuration dialog as discussed before (with still some missing functions and internationalization):
3) As for Emil's comments on a previous message about this dialog
* Menu bar
- Instead of using the icons toolbar, I intend to implement an extra
menu between "Settings" and the "?" menus.
- Menu items just before the separators are informative items, as such
they will be grayed out and updated during runtime as needed.
Good. I am just thinking that the configuration dialog should be in the
general configuration form for UI consistency. You can then make the
"Options..." menu item actually open the configuration form and select
the corresponding tab.
I still think that as the dialog is dependant on the user you're chatting with on the active chat (rather than a general SC setting), then it should be outside of the normal configuration pane in a quick dialog.
Also as all the settings are being saved using the ConfigurationService you shouldn't need to change translation settings that often.
4) As I already dealt with the major problems (intercept messages, GUI) I will be updating the status on a more regular basis.
(Project wiki: http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Development/Babelfish)