[sip-comm-dev] Tell me what you chat with, I’ll tell you who you are! Progress Report

Section 2 requirements:
1. Extend the UI Service implementation in a way that would allow us to add images next to the avatars in the chat window
   2. Implement a plugin that adds a generic icon in the chat window, next to the avatar and make sure its tooltip displays the user agent as retrieved from OperationSetUserAgent
   3. Add a configuration option in the General configuration form that allows to enable/disable display of the remote user agent
   4. Instead of displaying a generic icon, display the logo of the user agent where possible.

I've finished requirement one, and basically finished number two. On number two I've currently got the plugin added to the Container.CONTAINER_CHAT_TOOL_BAR.
As for part three I'm curious as to whether or not the disable/enable plugin option is sufficient .

Cheers!

-Brett

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Brett,

Section 2 requirements:
1. Extend the UI Service implementation in a way that would allow us to add images next to the avatars in the chat window
  2. Implement a plugin that adds a generic icon in the chat window, next to the avatar and make sure its tooltip displays the user agent as retrieved from OperationSetUserAgent
  3. Add a configuration option in the General configuration form that allows to enable/disable display of the remote user agent
  4. Instead of displaying a generic icon, display the logo of the user agent where possible.

I've finished requirement one, and basically finished number two. On number two I've currently got the plugin added to the Container.CONTAINER_CHAT_TOOL_BAR.

That's great. Could you send us some screenshots showing the icon and the User agent tooltip?:slight_smile:

As for part three I'm curious as to whether or not the disable/enable plugin option is sufficient .

Do you have anything else in mind that you want to add in the configuration form?

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Jul 27, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Geren, Brett wrote:

Cheers!

-Brett