Some issues remains, among them a few that I cannot solve by myself
and I am looking for your help :
- Under unix systems the icon in the systray provided by jdic is
surrounded by an ugly border. It would be great to remove it but I
haven't been able to find how it was created in the jdic library
source code. It seems that the matter is a little more complex that
just removing a "paintBorder" method, as I expected.
- I have designed a menu that allow the user to change the status for
each protocol, very much like the bar at the bottom of the
contact-list. Unfortunately, when the status is changed with the
systray plugin, the contact list is not correctly updated and displays
the previous status (this does not happen with an offline/online
- Another problem with the status menu : when a protocol is set online
and the related password has not been saved, nothing happens. Indeed,
a Window should appear to ask the user for the password. But the code
of this window is in /impl/gui/ and therefore I cannot use it. I could
rewrite it all but it feel that it would be an ugly way to solve the
- I should add some error messages when an error occurs while changing
the status but I do not know what is worth bothering the user, and
what is not.
- A menu should allow to add a new contact for each protocol. I have
tried to use the methods in "UIService" to do so, but their behavior
is queer. For instance, getApplicationWindows() should return an
iterator of all available windows but it only return "null". A quick
look in the code of this class shows me that no element is ever put in
the hashtable corresponding to this iterator.
Thanks in advance !