[sip-comm-dev] Synchronize the local contact list and the server stored one

Hi Emil,

I have started working on the implementation of the MetaContactListService and I have noticed a problem in the synchronization of the server stored and the local contact list.
The problem is that the synchronization is done when a new ProtocolProvider service is registered in a ServiceListener. But at this moment the serverStoredContactList is not yet initialized and it contains no contacts. The first time the contactlist is charged with data is when the registration of the provider is terminated and it enters the state REGISTERED. I could add a registration listner to the specified provider and do the synchronization at the right moment, if you didn't have anything else in mind here?

Regards,
yana

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Yana,

Yana Stamcheva wrote:

Hi Emil,

I have started working on the implementation of the MetaContactListService and I have noticed a problem in the synchronization of the server stored and the local contact list.
The problem is that the synchronization is done when a new ProtocolProvider service is registered in a ServiceListener. But at this moment the serverStoredContactList is not yet initialized and it contains no contacts.

Well actually this is not entirely true, or at least not always. Indeed, in the case of the icq implementation that you are referring to, the server stored contact list is not yet initialized at the moment when synchronization with the meta contact list is performed. This might not always be the case though and it depends on the particular protocol provider implementation and the order that the various services are being loaded. (it would be enough to load the meta contact list bundle a bit later and the situation would change)

The first time the contactlist is charged with data is when the registration of the provider is terminated and it enters the state REGISTERED. I could add a registration listner to the specified provider and do the synchronization at the right moment, if you didn't have anything else in mind here?

As far as the meta contact list is concerned, protocol providers are blackboxes that come with some already loaded subset of the server stored buddies and that would subsequently load the remaining part - a second subset, and announce it through event dispatching. Either subset may happen to be either empty or represent the complete set of server stored contacts/buddies.

Cheers
Emil

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net