[sip-comm-dev] Splash screen too long

Hi devs,

Starting Sip-Communicator is quite long. And during all this launching time, you've got a nice splash screen in foreground of your screen.
Unfortunately, this is hiding the document/mail/web site you are reading and the only solution is to wait or to insult your *$$%+=* computer.
For relaxing people, let me submit this little patch letting user hiding the splash screen just with a little click on the mouse or with tipping the "esc" key.

Technical details:
- The EventListener class is a private class "WelcomeWindowCloseListener" inside the public class " WelcomeWindow". Maybe, it's a better way to bring out (in a seperate file) the "WelcomeWindowCloseListener" class an turn it public.
- If someone knows how to make sub-element of the splash screen inherit from the listener of the main JDialog: you're welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Vincent

src_net_java_sip_communicator_plugin_splashscreen_WelcomeWindow_java.diff (5.5 KB)

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Lucas wrote:

Hi devs,

Starting Sip-Communicator is quite long. And during all this launching time, you've got a nice splash screen in foreground of your screen.
Unfortunately, this is hiding the document/mail/web site you are reading and the only solution is to wait or to insult your *$$%+=* computer.
For relaxing people, let me submit this little patch letting user hiding the splash screen just with a little click on the mouse or with tipping the "esc" key.

Really great idea! I've already committed the fix.

I've made some modifications on your solution though, hope you agree with them. Here they are:

- instead of using a KeyListener and adding it to all the contained components, I preferred using the InputMap and ActionMap of the root pane to define the Escape action.

- for the MouseListener, instead of adding it to all the contained components I have added it to the glass pane of the window.

Thanks again Vincent!

Cheers,
Yana

···

Technical details:
- The EventListener class is a private class "WelcomeWindowCloseListener" inside the public class " WelcomeWindow". Maybe, it's a better way to bring out (in a seperate file) the "WelcomeWindowCloseListener" class an turn it public.
- If someone knows how to make sub-element of the splash screen inherit from the listener of the main JDialog: you're welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Vincent

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Yana,

Thank you for the modifications.
That's exactly what I was looking for ... but I had not fund it by myself.

Cheers,
Vincent

Yana Stamcheva wrote:

···

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Lucas wrote:

Hi devs,

Really great idea! I've already committed the fix.

I've made some modifications on your solution though, hope you agree with them. Here they are:

- instead of using a KeyListener and adding it to all the contained components, I preferred using the InputMap and ActionMap of the root pane to define the Escape action.

- for the MouseListener, instead of adding it to all the contained components I have added it to the glass pane of the window.

Thanks again Vincent!

Cheers,
Yana

Technical details:

Cheers,
Vincent

------------------------------------------------------------------------