[sip-comm-dev] SpellChecker Commit

Hi Yana,

Great! IMO SC really needed a spell checker and finally we will have it
included in the trunk! :slight_smile:
You can commit the changes, will play around with the code. Curious about
how the complete integration would be like!

Regards
Nitish

Hi Nitish, Damian (Johnson),

The spell check code is now in the trunk (r 7880) and ack-ed on our contributions page. Damian, Nitish you have done a very good work! Thanks for your patience and your hard work!

I've fixed some exceptions in the last patch and spell check seems to launch correctly now. I've however disabled the plugin until we have the config form operational. It could be quite annoying to have the english spell checking while writing on some other language and we should have this configurable before enabling the functionality. I've also thought of some enhancements on the Chat interface and its interaction with the spell check plugin, but before doing these I think it's very important to fill missing javadoc comments and finish the configuration form. Nitish let me know if you need any help with these?

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Sep 27, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Nitish Upreti wrote:

Hi Yana,

Great! IMO SC really needed a spell checker and finally we will have it included in the trunk! :slight_smile:
You can commit the changes, will play around with the code. Curious about how the complete integration would be like!

Regards
Nitish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Purvesh,

I know that you've started working on the spell check configuration form and wanted to share some thoughts on the subject here. We talked off-list about the existing outdated configuration form, could you please give us some more details, on what are the properties to configure? Do we set dictionaries there? What else?

I was going through some mac chat clients (ichat and adium) and noticed that they do not have a general configuration form for spellchecking, but rather you're able to configure your spellcheck preferences for the current chat (you have a "Spelling and Grammar" item when right clicking in the chat write area). It's very useful, because you're able to change the language for a particular chat and have the spellchecking in english, french, etc. at the same time. Is this something we could do regarding our current spellcheck implementation?

They also have the "Automatic by Language" check, which is very cool, although I'm not sure we can have this easily, so may be we could implement it in a next version. Could you please have a look at the code and tell us if it's feasible at this stage?

Attached you'll find the sub-menu opened when you right click in the chat write area and then on "Spelling and Grammar" item. Also the window (I talked about above) opened when you choose "Show Spelling and Grammar".

Cheers,
Yana