I don't know if you have already noticed that I have made some little modification on files in :
I am got there at random. Not really, my newly installed netbeans 6 (due to cvs to svn migration) pointed me by signaling some (painless) warning. So I have attempted to "fix" them. That is for the story.
Now about the changes :
1- I have renamed RSSItemKey.java to RssItemKey.java, to fit the class name which is "RssItemKey" hence I moved the class declaration from
public class RssItemKey
which was not possible before because the file name was different of the class name.
2- in ContactRssImpl.java, after
lastItem = RssItemKey.deserialize(persistentData);
I have removed
The second line is of no effect as deserialize() is a static method, and I think the aim to have persistantData deserialized in lastItem is well achieved with the first line
3- added the method hashCode() according to informations found in documentation here : http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html#equals(java.lang.Object)
"... it is generally necessary to override the hashCode method whenever this method [(equals method)] is overridden, so as to maintain the general contract for the hashCode method, which states that equal objects must have equal hash codes ..."
Please, let me know what you think on all those changes, and if I missed something or made something wrong, don't hesitate to notice so we can step back and/or fix.