[sip-comm-dev] Sip Communicator on Mac OS X?

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with Sip Communicator on Mac OS X? As it seems to me, the lack of JMF implementation for OS X is a problem.. :slight_smile: I've tried the all-java package from Sun but it doesn't seem to work properly.

路路路

--
Johan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hello Johan,

The all-java version of JMF could only do audio capture on Mac OS ... at least in its current form. We believe that this would soon change though since SUN have expressed willingness to maybe open source JMF. Will see what happens.

In the mean time, I am afraid that audio support will have to suffice.

Cheers
Emil

Johan Paul wrote:

路路路

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with Sip Communicator on Mac OS X? As it seems to me, the lack of JMF implementation for OS X is a problem.. :slight_smile: I've tried the all-java package from Sun but it doesn't seem to work properly.

Hello Johan,

Hi Emil!

Thank you for your reply! I get the following error when answering a call in OS X (Panther);

"net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaException: Apparently all media descriptors failed to initialise!
SIP COMMUNICATOR won't be able to open a media stream!
聽聽at net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaManager.openMediaStreams(MediaManager.java:482)
"

This apparently concerns the previous version of SIP Communicator, and I'm afraid that we won't be able to provide any support on it anymore. Nevertheless, here are some pistes to explore:
- check that the SDP transmited to JMF is the one expected.
- check that your 2 SIP clients can speak to each other (if they can agree on a common codec, depending on what is annouced in the SDP)

This must be because of JMF. But by looking at the method where the exception takes place, the cause for this could be any from many alternatives. And I also see there could be other popups indicating detailed information what went wrong, but I only get this popup...

I am kind of stuck but I have to take a closer look...

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask on the list.

Martin

路路路

Regards,

Johan

Hello Johan,

The all-java version of JMF could only do audio capture on Mac OS ... at least in its current form. We believe that this would soon change though since SUN have expressed willingness to maybe open source JMF. Will see what happens.

Cheers
Emil

Johan Paul wrote:

Hi,

Hi Emil!

Thank you for your reply! I get the following error when answering a call in OS X (Panther);

"net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaException: Apparently all media descriptors failed to initialise!
SIP COMMUNICATOR won't be able to open a media stream!
聽聽at net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaManager.openMediaStreams(MediaManager.java:482)
"

This must be because of JMF. But by looking at the method where the exception takes place, the cause for this could be any from many alternatives. And I also see there could be other popups indicating detailed information what went wrong, but I only get this popup...

I am kind of stuck but I have to take a closer look...

Regards,

Johan

路路路

Hello Johan,

Cheers
Emil

Johan Paul wrote:

Hi,