[sip-comm-dev] SIP-Communicator-IMS

Hi everyone...

I have made some (academic) work adding the 3GPP IMS procedures in the
SIP-Communicator logic, is there anyone working on similar things?
I have worked with the NIST-SIP stack in the past (adding the IMS P-Headers)
and now I've upgraded SIP-Communicator with The Precondition Mechanism
(RFC3312 + RFC4032), PRACK method (RFC3262) and UPDATE method (RFC3311).

Until now, only the INITIAL invite procedure is implemented, and both UA
only warns the user (ring-ring) when network resources are available (to
somehow avoid ghost-rings)...

The old SIP-Communicator is used, can't tell for sure how old it is...

If there is anyone interested, I will be happy to share the source...

Miguel Freitas
Aveiro University, Portugal

Hello Miguel,

I have made some (academic) work adding the 3GPP IMS procedures in the SIP-Communicator logic,

Very interesting!

is there anyone working on similar things?

Well I am not aware of anyone and unfortunately nobody responded to your question.

I have worked with the NIST-SIP stack in the past (adding the IMS P-Headers) and now I've upgraded SIP-Communicator with The Precondition Mechanism (RFC3312 + RFC4032), PRACK method (RFC3262) and UPDATE method (RFC3311).

Great!

Until now, only the INITIAL invite procedure is implemented, and both UA only warns the user (ring-ring) when network resources are available (to somehow avoid ghost-rings)...

The old SIP-Communicator is used, can't tell for sure how old it is...

If there is anyone interested, I will be happy to share the source...

We are :). As you might be aware we're currently preparing the shift of the SIP module of the old sip-communicator to the new version. We wanted to first have an instant messaging protocol implemented and working inside the sip-communicator and this is already the case with ICQ. I'll get to the SIP port really very soon. ... In a week maybe and around the 4th of August in the latest. Would you be interested in porting your code to the new version?

In case the answer is yes (which I sincerely hope), you could start by sending over your existing code and explaining your modifications. We can then discuss the best way to integrate them in the communicator.

WDYT?

Emil