[sip-comm-dev] Question on notifications


#1

Hi guys,

first I wanted to congratulate you for the work you are doing with
sip-communicator, it's a great application already. i have a question, how
do you enable popup notifications using libnotify on linux? Is it possible
at all?

Thanks.


#2

Notifications using libnotify on Linux are implemented by the
galagonotification bundle but it needs to be activated in
lib/felix.client.run.properties. The galagonotification bundle is
built into the directory sc-bundles/os-specific/linux so you'll have
to add something similar to
"reference:file:sc-bundles/os-specific/linux/galagonotification.jar \"
right under the line with swingnotification.jar, for example.

···

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Pablo Saavedra <pablo.a.saavedra@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,
first I wanted to congratulate you for the work you are doing with
sip-communicator, it's a great application already. i have a question, how
do you enable popup notifications using libnotify on linux? Is it possible
at all?
Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#3

Thanks. Does it mean that I need to enable it at build time? Can't I modify
it once the application is installed?

···

On 28 May 2010 16:16, Lubomir Marinov <lubo@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Notifications using libnotify on Linux are implemented by the
galagonotification bundle but it needs to be activated in
lib/felix.client.run.properties. The galagonotification bundle is
built into the directory sc-bundles/os-specific/linux so you'll have
to add something similar to
"reference:file:sc-bundles/os-specific/linux/galagonotification.jar \"
right under the line with swingnotification.jar, for example.

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Pablo Saavedra > <pablo.a.saavedra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> first I wanted to congratulate you for the work you are doing with
> sip-communicator, it's a great application already. i have a question,
how
> do you enable popup notifications using libnotify on linux? Is it
possible
> at all?
> Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#4

Since galagonotification.jar and libgalagonotification.so seem to be
installed, it should be possible to modify the installed application
to run them. But I'm not sure it's the best approach to modify
lib/felix.client.run.properties because it's installed by the package
manager. Maybe the plugin manager accessible from Tools > Options and
then Plug-ins will allow you to activate the galagonotification
bundle.

···

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Pablo Saavedra <pablo.a.saavedra@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. Does it mean that I need to enable it at build time? Can't I modify
it once the application is installed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#5

Hey Lubo,

Is there any specific reason that prevents us from including this in our
deb packages?

Emil
На 29.05.10 08:48, Lubomir Marinov написа:

···

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Pablo Saavedra > <pablo.a.saavedra@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. Does it mean that I need to enable it at build time? Can't I modify
it once the application is installed?

Since galagonotification.jar and libgalagonotification.so seem to be
installed, it should be possible to modify the installed application
to run them. But I'm not sure it's the best approach to modify
lib/felix.client.run.properties because it's installed by the package
manager. Maybe the plugin manager accessible from Tools > Options and
then Plug-ins will allow you to activate the galagonotification
bundle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#6

Hi Emil,

I and, as far as I know, Damian have been testing it for quite some
time now and there are no bug reports related to it so I guess we can
go on and include it. It's just that I don't currently know how to
activate the galagonotification bundle on Linux only in its installer.
Anyway, I'll try to look into it soon.

Best regards,
Lubo

···

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Is there any specific reason that prevents us from including this in our
deb packages?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#7

Thanks a lot guys.

···

On 1 June 2010 17:15, Lubomir Marinov <lubo@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> > wrote:
> Is there any specific reason that prevents us from including this in our
> deb packages?

Hi Emil,

I and, as far as I know, Damian have been testing it for quite some
time now and there are no bug reports related to it so I guess we can
go on and include it. It's just that I don't currently know how to
activate the galagonotification bundle on Linux only in its installer.
Anyway, I'll try to look into it soon.

Best regards,
Lubo

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#8

Hi Lubo,

I think we can make it the same way as macosx activates
growlnotification.jar (resources/install/build.xml).
I will take care of it later today.

Regards
damencho

···

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Lubomir Marinov <lubo@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Is there any specific reason that prevents us from including this in our
deb packages?

Hi Emil,

I and, as far as I know, Damian have been testing it for quite some
time now and there are no bug reports related to it so I guess we can
go on and include it. It's just that I don't currently know how to
activate the galagonotification bundle on Linux only in its installer.
Anyway, I'll try to look into it soon.

Best regards,
Lubo

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net


#9

Hi,

I have just activated it for Debian/Ubuntu packages and for
linux-generic build (which by the way is only for i386). Still to come
activation in RPM packages.

Cheers
damencho

···

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Damian Minkov <damencho@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Hi Lubo,

I think we can make it the same way as macosx activates
growlnotification.jar (resources/install/build.xml).
I will take care of it later today.

Regards
damencho

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Lubomir Marinov > <lubo@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Is there any specific reason that prevents us from including this in our
deb packages?

Hi Emil,

I and, as far as I know, Damian have been testing it for quite some
time now and there are no bug reports related to it so I guess we can
go on and include it. It's just that I don't currently know how to
activate the galagonotification bundle on Linux only in its installer.
Anyway, I'll try to look into it soon.

Best regards,
Lubo

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net