[sip-comm-dev] Protocol recommendation / Feature ideas

Hello developers!

I am going to implement multi user chat support for the ICQ, MSN and Yahoo protocols within the GSoC 2008.
Maybe someone could suggest me a good starting protocol. I've found out that JOscar, the lib for ICQ/AIM, is really bad documented, but I am not sure if the other are better documented, so feel free to suggest me any of those three protocols.

If anyone have a 'kickass' group chat feature he/she wants to see inside the sip-com, please write a message to the dev-list (or directly to me).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rupert.

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,

In my opinion yahoo and msn are more simple then icq, so you can start for example with msn.
And here are some starting hints :wink:

net.sf.jml.MsnMessenger.addSwitchboardListener
net.sf.jml.MsnMessenger.newSwitchboard

YahooSession.createConference

Cheers
damencho

Rupert Burchardi wrote:

···

Hello developers!

I am going to implement multi user chat support for the ICQ, MSN and Yahoo protocols within the GSoC 2008.
Maybe someone could suggest me a good starting protocol. I've found out that JOscar, the lib for ICQ/AIM, is really bad documented, but I am not sure if the other are better documented, so feel free to suggest me any of those three protocols.

If anyone have a 'kickass' group chat feature he/she wants to see inside the sip-com, please write a message to the dev-list (or directly to me).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rupert.