[sip-comm-dev] Profiler4J integration

Hi all,

Thanks to the Vladimir's work during the last GSoC session, SC can now embed a profiler to help any developper to find performance bottlenecks. This project is currently not merged in the trunk but the process has started.
The profiler integration basically consist in calling a modified version of profiler4j. The integration of this modified version in SC will consist in creating a new sub project that will contain the sources of the modified profiler4j. The SC trunk will include binaries of the tuned version of profiler4j and, as these binaries are pretty big (around 3Mb) we plan to not include the profiler part in the public releases but just let it accessible through the svn repository.

If you have any suggestion, comment or remark concerning these choices, feel free to tell us what you think!

The subproject containing the tuned version of profiler4j has been created here: https://sc-p4j.dev.java.net/
By default, you all have the same right on this subproject than on the main SC project. If you want specific rights on this subproject, just ask me - Vladimir, you already are developer on this subproject.

Cheers,
Ben

Hi folks,

Thanks for making the sub project, it will be more comfortable to make the plugin development for me.
Actually the binaries of the profiler4j are not so big, it is only 589 kb. The project uses also 2 dependent libraries: jcommon-1.0.0.jar 287 kb and jfreechart1.0.1.jar 1050kb. The whole size is about 2 MB, without graphical memory representation it will be about 1 MB. So I believe that including the plugin in public release is not so far away.

Gone for checking the sc-p4j project,
Vladimir

Benoit Pradelle wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hi all,

Thanks to the Vladimir's work during the last GSoC session, SC can now embed a profiler to help any developper to find performance bottlenecks. This project is currently not merged in the trunk but the process has started.
The profiler integration basically consist in calling a modified version of profiler4j. The integration of this modified version in SC will consist in creating a new sub project that will contain the sources of the modified profiler4j. The SC trunk will include binaries of the tuned version of profiler4j and, as these binaries are pretty big (around 3Mb) we plan to not include the profiler part in the public releases but just let it accessible through the svn repository.

If you have any suggestion, comment or remark concerning these choices, feel free to tell us what you think!

The subproject containing the tuned version of profiler4j has been created here: https://sc-p4j.dev.java.net/
By default, you all have the same right on this subproject than on the main SC project. If you want specific rights on this subproject, just ask me - Vladimir, you already are developer on this subproject.

Cheers,
Ben