[sip-comm-dev] Problems with IMs and MSN messenger

Hello everyone,

I am working on intergrating the SIP-communicator into another packaged software essentially using its IM and VoIP capabilities. Working in the windows XP environment, I just got the JMF up and running and the sip-communicator seems to work fine too.

I was trying it out with the MSN Messenger. I am getting the incoming IMs fine but figured that i cannot send messages from the sip-comm. Is that still under implementation??

Also how is the functionality of sip-comm with MSN messenger. Somewhere in the list i read it works fine. But i cant get it to accept video connections from the messenger. Error message reads: "The following exception occurred while trying to open media connection: Apparently all media descriptions failed to initialise! SIP COMMUNICATOR won't be able to open a media stream!"

I downloaded the the CVS and build up the sip-comm using ant.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Aashish

ps: the trace/details of the above error is
net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaException: Apparently all media descriptions failed to initialise!
SIP COMMUNICATOR won't be able to open a media stream!
at net.java.sip.communicator.media.MediaManager.openMediaStreams(MediaManager.java:429)
at net.java.sip.communicator.SipCommunicator.callStateChanged(SipCommunicator.java:702)
at net.java.sip.communicator.sip.Call.fireCallStatusChangedEvent(Call.java:250)
at net.java.sip.communicator.sip.Call.setState(Call.java:156)
at net.java.sip.communicator.sip.CallProcessing.processAck(CallProcessing.java:559)
at net.java.sip.communicator.sip.SipManager.processRequest(SipManager.java:1436)
at gov.nist.javax.sip.SipProviderImpl.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

···

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger

Hello Aashish

I was trying it out with the MSN Messenger. I am getting the incoming IMs fine but figured that i cannot send messages from the sip-comm. Is that still under implementation??

Yup. Should be there soon though. The fact that u r able to read incoming messages is due to a very basic and not fully implemented debug feature.

Also how is the functionality of sip-comm with MSN messenger. Somewhere in the list i read it works fine. But i cant get it to accept video connections from the messenger. Error message reads: "The following exception occurred while trying to open media connection: Apparently all media descriptions failed to initialise! SIP COMMUNICATOR won't be able to open a media stream!"

Well. It worked with Windows Messenger 4.67. And I haven't tested it with anything else. Guess I gotta find the time and do some testing again.

Cheers
Emil

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net