[sip-comm-dev] Problem in build.xml for MacOSX packages

Hi Emil,

MacOSX packages are broken since september 15th because of an issue in the build.xml file. You changed most of the directory declaration adding ${basedir} in front of them.

However, the "macosx" directive uses declarations such as:

<jarfileset dir=".">
     <include name="${lib}/*.jar" />

which means that ${lib} will be searched in the current directory.

I tried to fix that by replacing "." with "/", but it does not work. Also, the MacOSX package is built with the same directory tree as the one specified in the <include name="..."> directive, so it is better to keep only the last directory in this directive (I mean "lib", and not "/path/to/lib").

The solution I propose would be to define:
<property name="locallib" value="lib"/>
and
<property name="lib" value="${basedir}/${locallib}"/>

so I can use ${locallib} (I would need such declaration for lib, jmf.home, and bundles.dest)

What do you think?

···

--
Romain KUNTZ
kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Romain,

I've added the basedir prefix to all libs because I had some problems when executing the build.xml in resources/install. I didn't think this would cause problems.

I'll revert build.xml to the previous version, so that you could use \{lib\} the way you were using it before\. I&#39;ll explicitly specify the {basedir} prefix where it's necessary.

I'll try to do this tomorrow.

Cheers
Emil

Romain KUNTZ wrote:

···

Hi Emil,

MacOSX packages are broken since september 15th because of an issue in the build.xml file. You changed most of the directory declaration adding ${basedir} in front of them.

<jarfileset dir=".">

I tried to fix that by replacing "." with "/", but it does not work. Also, the MacOSX package is built with the same directory tree as the one specified in the <include name="..."> directive, so it is better to keep only the last directory in this directive (I mean "lib", and not "/path/to/lib").

and
<property name="lib" value="\{basedir\}/{locallib}"/>

so I can use ${locallib} (I would need such declaration for lib, jmf.home, and bundles.dest)

What do you think?

Hi again Romain,

I've just reverted the build.xml back to its original state (without including absolute paths). I've decided that it's best for those that need an absolute location (such as the resources/install/build.xml script) to specify it themselves by adding the ${basedir} prefix. I've also made the changes there.

Does this resolve your problem?

Emil

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hi Romain,

I've added the basedir prefix to all libs because I had some problems when executing the build.xml in resources/install. I didn't think this would cause problems.

I'll revert build.xml to the previous version, so that you could use \{lib\} the way you were using it before\. I&#39;ll explicitly specify the {basedir} prefix where it's necessary.

Cheers
Emil

Romain KUNTZ wrote:

Hi Emil,

<jarfileset dir=".">

and
<property name="lib" value="\{basedir\}/{locallib}"/>

What do you think?

Hi Emil,

Emil Ivov wrote:

Does this resolve your problem?

Yes, packages are now correctly built.
I have removed the non-working macosx packages from the download page.

Thanks!

Romain

···

Emil Ivov wrote:

Hi Romain,

I'll revert build.xml to the previous version, so that you could use ${lib} the way you were using it before. I'll explicitly specify the ${basedir} prefix where it's necessary.

Cheers
Emil

Romain KUNTZ wrote:

Hi Emil,

<jarfileset dir=".">

and
<property name="lib" value="${basedir}/${locallib}"/>

What do you think?

--
Romain KUNTZ
kuntz@sfc.wide.ad.jp