[sip-comm-dev] Point to point SIP communication

Hi,

I am using the SIP-communicator to test VOIP over mesh networks for my
research work . As a first step, I would like to implement a point to point
(IP) based communication using SIP (without the registrar servers, just
connecting to the given IP). Can somebody please tell me as to where I
should start digging and what I need to do? I am new to the
SIP-Communicator. Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Biwesh

Hello Biwesh,

The first thing you would want to do is make sure that SipRegistrarConnection is not being used any more.

The easiest way to do so would be to comment out any references to initRegistrarConnection inside src/net/java/sip/communicator/impl/protocol/sipProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java

You could do the same for initOutboundProxy().

You could achieve the same results (and it would probably be cleaner this way) by making sure that the registrar and proxy properties are not being passed to the SIP provider factory by the SIP account registration wizard (located in package net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.sipaccregwizz).

I don't expect it to be that easy though. This mode of operation has never been extensively tested and the little testing that I've done showed some other problems that I don't remember now. Therefore, feel free to let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

If you happen to find a way to make this work without substantial modification, we would happily integrate you changes into the project.

Good luck!
Emil

Biwesh Pradhan wrote:

···

Hi,

I am using the SIP-communicator to test VOIP over mesh networks for my research work . As a first step, I would like to implement a point to point (IP) based communication using SIP (without the registrar servers, just connecting to the given IP). Can somebody please tell me as to where I should start digging and what I need to do? I am new to the SIP-Communicator. Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Biwesh

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net