[sip-comm-dev] [PATCH] Issue 333 + some other contact list storage issues


#1

Hello everyone,

I've been having some problems with my contact list (it wasn't stored at all) and I decided to take a look. The issues that I've tried so solve here are the following:

1) Issue 333 - when there is an error in the contact list file (invalid XML, etc.) the service responsible for updating it quits during its initialization faze (thus leaving the file corrupted) -> once your file has a problem it'll never be saved
2) It appears that there is some issue with Object.wait(timeout) (at least on the Macs) - the timeout never expires and the object always remains "locked". I didn't quite understand where does this problem come from, so I rewrote the way the signalization (and the whole contact list storage process in general) is done in a different (better) way

I'd like to ask you to try if this modified version of the contact list storage procedure is working for you before publishing.

Regards,
Alex

PS. Any comments on the code or the algorithms are welcome.

contact_list_save.patch (17.7 KB)


#2

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the late response. Following your mail and our offline
dicussion, I've decided to only commit the part that recreates the contact list document if parsing has fails (That was an excellent catch by the way!).

There was also a problem storing the contact list after a CONTACT_GROUP_CREATED event was received from a protocol provider. I think I've fixed that too.

Damian told me he would try to migrate our xml writing to the dom writers in the JRE and I hope that this would completely fix the problems that many of you guys have been seeing (especially on mac).

In the mean time could you please give it some testing the way it is now? Maybe it's already working better.

Cheers
Emil

Alexander Pelov wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hello everyone,

I've been having some problems with my contact list (it wasn't stored at all) and I decided to take a look. The issues that I've tried so solve here are the following:

1) Issue 333 - when there is an error in the contact list file (invalid XML, etc.) the service responsible for updating it quits during its initialization faze (thus leaving the file corrupted) -> once your file has a problem it'll never be saved
2) It appears that there is some issue with Object.wait(timeout) (at least on the Macs) - the timeout never expires and the object always remains "locked". I didn't quite understand where does this problem come from, so I rewrote the way the signalization (and the whole contact list storage process in general) is done in a different (better) way

I'd like to ask you to try if this modified version of the contact list storage procedure is working for you before publishing.

Regards,
Alex

PS. Any comments on the code or the algorithms are welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net