[sip-comm-dev] [PATCH] Fix initialization of plugin components on QuickMenu

Ok this is my first patch so don't eat me alive :wink:

This patch enables plugins to add components to the toolbar at the top of the main SC window (net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.QuickMenu
). I found, when trying to build a plugin, that any component added to this menu would be registered but never actually painted on the window. This is because, when the menu is created, it never calls the initPluginComponents method to search for plugin components.

This is a trivial oversight but in my opinion still an important one from a usability standpoint.

The initPluginsComponents() call has also been omitted from net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.ExtendedQuickMenu, and the patch will correct ExtendedQuickMenu as well.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Alan Kelly

add plugin component to gui toolbar.patch (835 Bytes)

Hi Alan,

good catch! Thanks for the patch! It's now applied, committed and ack-ed on our contributors page.

Cheers,
Yana

Alan C Kelly wrote:

···

Ok this is my first patch so don't eat me alive :wink:

This patch enables plugins to add components to the toolbar at the top of the main SC window (net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.QuickMenu
). I found, when trying to build a plugin, that any component added to this menu would be registered but never actually painted on the window. This is because, when the menu is created, it never calls the initPluginComponents method to search for plugin components.

This is a trivial oversight but in my opinion still an important one from a usability standpoint.

The initPluginsComponents() call has also been omitted from net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.ExtendedQuickMenu, and the patch will correct ExtendedQuickMenu as well.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Alan Kelly

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net