1. I have a Google Talk account and a Jabber account and both of them
2. Among the contacts that I have in my contact list, three are merged
contacts and each of these merged contacts contains at least one
contact from the Google Talk account and at least one contact from the
3. All contacts are shown i.e. offline and online.
4. I go to the Accounts form in Tools > Options and disable the Jabber account.
The first issue that I have is the following exception:
[java] 20:37:29.068 SEVERE:
impl.gui.main.presence.PresenceStatusMenu.run().285 Error - changing
[java] java.lang.IllegalStateException: The provider must be
signed on the Jabber service before being able to communicate.
The second issue requires the following additional step:
5. I enable the Jabber account again.
What happens then is that:
- The merged contacts disappear from the contact list. Hiding the
offline contacts (and showing them again) makes the disappeared
contacts appear again in the contact list.
- But they are not merged anymore. The Jabber contacts which were in
the merged contacts are now out of them.
I'm pretty sure the disappearing of the contacts is a bug. But I'm not
sure whether the unmerging is - is it some known technical limitation?