[sip-comm-dev] Move the loadIcon method in the util package

Hi all,

I'm trying right now to make the protocol implementation completely independent from the gui (which wasn't the case cause of some protocol logo icons supported from the gui and not from the protocol itself). To do this in each protocol implementation I should load all logo icons(we could have different sizes) for this protocol, thus in each implementation I have to use something like loadIcon method, which is already commonly used in the project (like for example in all protocol status enum classes or in the gui).

So my idea is why don't we move this method in the "util" package in order to use it from wherever we want? WDYT?

Yana

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,

Just to note that I've created an issue for the loadIcon method duplication problem.

https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=331

Yana

Yana Stamcheva wrote:

···

Hi all,

I'm trying right now to make the protocol implementation completely independent from the gui (which wasn't the case cause of some protocol logo icons supported from the gui and not from the protocol itself). To do this in each protocol implementation I should load all logo icons(we could have different sizes) for this protocol, thus in each implementation I have to use something like loadIcon method, which is already commonly used in the project (like for example in all protocol status enum classes or in the gui).

So my idea is why don't we move this method in the "util" package in order to use it from wherever we want? WDYT?

Yana

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net