[sip-comm-dev] Looking for generic tar.gz package in order to craete a BSD port

Hello Devs,

I am sending this mail on behalf of Kiril Varbanov (kiril.varbanov@yahoo.com). He is experiencing difficulties with his Yahoo! mail account. He is able to read the mails sent to the DEV list but he cannot send to the list. The Yahoo! mail keeps respoding with something like "Greeting failed..."

Here is his original mail:

···

==========================================================
Hello All,

I've searched the mailing list archive, but I didn't find a generic tar.gz package, in order to create a BSD port. Please let me know where I can get such, and I'll start the porting process.

Kiril Varbanov

You can respond to him on that.

Thanks,
--Pavel Tankov

____________________________________________________________________________________
Bored stiff? Loosen up...
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hello Kiril,

(I am using my Yahoo! Mail address here as I am wondering whether the problem is valid for all Yahoo! Mail accounts)

First of all, great news! I am very glad to learn about your intentions! Having a BSD package for SIP Communicator is something that we've been planning for quite a while but we haven't had any luck in finding a maintainer so far.

Unfortunately we don't have a tar.gz package for sip-communicator. Because of JMF, and other platform specific libs that we're using it is impossible for SIP Communicator to have a single package shipping for all operating systems.

However, I'll try to come up with an online guide for creating OS specific installation packages for SIP Communicator and put it on the wiki. I think I'll be able to do this during the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I am done.

Cheers
Emil

Pavel Tankov wrote:

···

Hello Devs,

I am sending this mail on behalf of Kiril Varbanov (kiril.varbanov@yahoo.com). He is experiencing difficulties with his Yahoo! mail account. He is able to read the mails sent to the DEV list but he cannot send to the list. The Yahoo! mail keeps respoding with something like "Greeting failed..."

Hello All,

I've searched the mailing list archive, but I didn't find a generic tar.gz package, in order to create a BSD port. Please let me know where I can get such, and I'll start the porting process.

Kiril Varbanov

Thanks,
--Pavel Tankov

____________________________________________________________________________________
Bored stiff? Loosen up... Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

Hello again,

I've put up a short manual explaining requirements for creating SIP Communicator installation packages.

https://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Documentation/HowToBuildAnInstaller

Hope it helps. I might have missed to mention one or two things so you should let me know if you encounter any difficulties and I'll try to fix the tutorial and clear them up.

Cheers
Emil

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hello Kiril,

(I am using my Yahoo! Mail address here as I am wondering whether the problem is valid for all Yahoo! Mail accounts)

First of all, great news! I am very glad to learn about your intentions! Having a BSD package for SIP Communicator is something that we've been planning for quite a while but we haven't had any luck in finding a maintainer so far.

Unfortunately we don't have a tar.gz package for sip-communicator. Because of JMF, and other platform specific libs that we're using it is impossible for SIP Communicator to have a single package shipping for all operating systems.

However, I'll try to come up with an online guide for creating OS specific installation packages for SIP Communicator and put it on the wiki. I think I'll be able to do this during the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I am done.

Cheers
Emil

Pavel Tankov wrote:

Hello Devs,

Hello All,

Kiril Varbanov

Thanks,
--Pavel Tankov

Bored stiff? Loosen up... Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.