I'm new to this mailing-list so please consider me as a total newbie when it
comes to SIP Communicator... and don't shoot me for this post ;o). (If you
wanna shoot somebody for posting this, shoot emcho, he forced me to do so
I installed SIP Communicator on my mother's computer last week-end as she
needed an SIP client. She's running a Mac OS 10.3 computer, and I used an
installer (can't tell exactly which one it was). The installation worked
without a hitch, but in the end, I couldn't lauch SIP Communicator. I tried
to launch the run.sh script directly, but it failed, so I soon realized the
problem was coming from the environment variable defining the path to the
java binary location: it was pointing to "opt" instead of "usr" on this
system. What's more, the script couldn't execute correctly because of wrong
line-terminating caracters (but this conversion problem should be
double-checked since it might come from the text editor I used to edit the
file on this system).
. IMHO, it would be better to replace this variable with a variable pointing
directly on the binary, using something like: export JAVA_BIN=`which java` .
Is there a special reason why this variable wasn't set this way (portability
. This modification enables to launch SIP Communicator by hand (sh run.sh),
but it still doesn't work when simply clicking on the directory. I added the
".app" extension to the directory containing SIP Communicator, but it still
doesn't work. I guess I missed something? I'm not very familiar with MacOS
and its .app directory tree.
. I couldn't manage to establish an SIP communication (outgoing as well as
incoming). It rings, but when accepting the call, I get a "failed!" popup
and the following console output (should I post the outputs at the end of
the mail or as attachments next time?) :
22:49:07.546 GRAVE: impl.media.MediaControl.createDataSourceForEncodings()
Processor is null.
No sdp data was provided for the ok response to an INVITE request!
net.java.sip.communicator.service.media.MediaException: The source Processor
has not been initialized.
22:49:08.056 GRAVE: impl.gui.main.call.CallManager.run() Could not answer to
: firstname.lastname@example.org <"email@example.com"
<sip:firstname.lastname@example.org>>;status=Failed caused by the following exception:
to created an SDP description for an ok response to an INVITE request!
I'm afraid I forgot to catch the output when initiating a call, but I'll add
that next time. Is this a "normal" output (maybe caused by a badly
As you noticed, my descriptions are quite vague since I was really in a
hurry when I did all this (I spent only one night at my mum's place), so I
couldn't dig deeper (especially check the router/NAT). I'm in Germany at the
moment, so I won't be able to give more information or to test anything.
I'll be back there next week-end.
Chris (onibaku on java.net).
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org