[sip-comm-dev] Jingle Calling

Hi,

today I've had a Jingle conversation through two NAT routers in production conditions.

:slight_smile:
Recievingjingle_call.log calls works great - really good voice quality, encrypted, really cool.

Unfortunately I'm not able to call the other side. I get strange error messages concerning missing encryption keys, missing parameters and ICE. (please have a look at the log attached)

The first call lasted for about a hour. Latency went up to a couple of seconds on my side (as to be seen with the VU meter bars lagging behind as well)

This time there was no video involved, no underpowered machine (dual core 1.6 GHz) but pulseaudio on Ubuntu.

The second call didn't have a noticable latency on my side - but lasted for about 15 minutes only.

Top showed moderade CPU usage - for the java process about 54% (which translates into 27% on a dual core) and close to nothing for pulseaudio (5%)

Any ideas what causes that or where to drill down? (Sorry for coming once again with latency. But this time I have nothing strange at my side - no eee, no video - perhaps Ubuntu :wink: )

Kind Regards
Conrad

jingle_call.log (48.4 KB)

Hi,

I've done similar test on two NAT routers in production and i can call from and to, with success, but in many cases, repeating the test calls, without changing the network condition ICE fail with a similar error you have just reported. i could say that more then 50% of tha calls was ok during the same session and other fails with that error.
Anyway Audio and Video are perfect with no latency. My test was from MAC to Win7 and viceversa

Regards
Fabio

路路路

Il giorno 13/dic/2010, alle ore 23.17, Conrad Beckert ha scritto:

Hi,

today I've had a Jingle conversation through two NAT routers in production conditions.

Recievingjingle_call.log calls works great - really good voice quality, encrypted, really cool.

Unfortunately I'm not able to call the other side. I get strange error messages concerning missing encryption keys, missing parameters and ICE. (please have a look at the log attached)

The first call lasted for about a hour. Latency went up to a couple of seconds on my side (as to be seen with the VU meter bars lagging behind as well)

This time there was no video involved, no underpowered machine (dual core 1.6 GHz) but pulseaudio on Ubuntu.

The second call didn't have a noticable latency on my side - but lasted for about 15 minutes only.

Top showed moderade CPU usage - for the java process about 54% (which translates into 27% on a dual core) and close to nothing for pulseaudio (5%)

Any ideas what causes that or where to drill down? (Sorry for coming once again with latency. But this time I have nothing strange at my side - no eee, no video - perhaps Ubuntu :wink: )

Kind Regards
Conrad
<jingle_call.log>---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Fabio, Conrad,

As Emil said, we have added some logging output in ice4j. It is now included in SIP Communicator build 3152 (SVN revision 8058). Could you please try again and send us logs please so that we could investigate the ICE failed problems.

Regards,

路路路

--
Seb

Le 13/12/2010 23:31, Fabio Telme a 锟絚rit :

Hi,

I've done similar test on two NAT routers in production and i can call from and to, with success, but in many cases, repeating the test calls, without changing the network condition ICE fail with a similar error you have just reported. i could say that more then 50% of tha calls was ok during the same session and other fails with that error.
Anyway Audio and Video are perfect with no latency. My test was from MAC to Win7 and viceversa

Regards
Fabio

Il giorno 13/dic/2010, alle ore 23.17, Conrad Beckert ha scritto:

Hi,

Kind Regards
Conrad
<jingle_call.log>---------------------------------------------------------------------
聽聽聽聽聽