[sip-comm-dev] GSoC: Full Growl support in SIP Communicator

Hello everyone,

My name is Egidijus. I am a first year Computer Science student at King's College London. I am very happy to be selected to participate in GSoC and can't wait to finish this academic year and start coding! :slight_smile:

My project is about developing a full Growl support in SIP Communicator. Currently, SIP Communicator uses Growl's Java bindings to post notifications to Growl notification daemon. However, these bindings do not support full capabilities of Growl. Therefore, I will need to use Java Native Interfaces and Growl framework to add full Growl support.

Cheers,
Egidijus

路路路

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hello Egidijus!

Congratulations again! I can feel your motivation :slight_smile:
Now is the community bonding period, so you can take this opportunity to see the way we work through our discussions on our mailing list. Feel free to participate to the discussions and to express your opinions.

During the bonding period, we can also discuss the project timeline, list the desired features etc. I'll come up with a draft plan that we can discuss here. I believe you'll soon have your final academic exams, they should of course remain a priority for you.

Cheers,
romain

路路路

On 2009/04/22, at 14:40, Egidijus Jankauskas wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Egidijus. I am a first year Computer Science student at King's College London. I am very happy to be selected to participate in GSoC and can't wait to finish this academic year and start coding! :slight_smile:

My project is about developing a full Growl support in SIP Communicator. Currently, SIP Communicator uses Growl's Java bindings to post notifications to Growl notification daemon. However, these bindings do not support full capabilities of Growl. Therefore, I will need to use Java Native Interfaces and Growl framework to add full Growl support.

Cheers,
Egidijus