[sip-comm-dev] GSoC Contact and Account Info

Hi Everyone,

Here's my submission for the GSoC contact info project. Currently, contact info seems to be working correctly, but account info is still having some problems. The most obvious, but easiest to solve (I just ran out of time), is that you won't see any place to click to get account info. I was trying to implement the ConfigurationForm interface rather than continuing to use the plug-in example of just the contact right click menu, but I haven't quite gotten it.

But, suppose for a moment you can see account info, the biggest problem is that you cannot apply your changes like the whole point is. In my last e-mail, I explained my problem trying to use the OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfo method replace and if anyone has any suggestions about it, I still would very much like to hear them. It's not so great for my evaluation, but I'd still like to take some time and try to actually get the last bit fit together.

Also, there are two changes that need to be made to outside classes. One maybe was an update to fix a different issue that ended up causing a problem in ContactInfo running. If you go to class InfoRetriever, comment out lines

List copyList = new Vector();
Collections.copy(copyList, result); return copyList;

(currently at lines 142-45) and replace it with just "return result". The other is for AccountInfo and is just that OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfo is supposed to extend OperationSet, but it currently doesn't. That change is all that's needed.

Hopefully contact info will be working for everyone. If anyone needs to ask any questions, please feel free to ask, and hopefully everyone will be hearing from me again soon with some fixes. Thank you very much!

Adam

GSoC Contact Info.zip (30.4 KB)

Hi Adam,

thanks for this patch! See inline.

Adam Goldstein wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Here's my submission for the GSoC contact info project. Currently, contact info seems to be working correctly, but account info is still having some problems. The most obvious, but easiest to solve (I just ran out of time), is that you won't see any place to click to get account info. I was trying to implement the ConfigurationForm interface rather than continuing to use the plug-in example of just the contact right click menu, but I haven't quite gotten it.

I had a quick look at the code and actually you're almost there, you should only replace the JFrame by a JPanel, because the configuration form should be a panel in order to be shown inside the configuration frame.

But, suppose for a moment you can see account info, the biggest problem is that you cannot apply your changes like the whole point is. In my last e-mail, I explained my problem trying to use the OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfo method replace and if anyone has any suggestions about it, I still would very much like to hear them. It's not so great for my evaluation, but I'd still like to take some time and try to actually get the last bit fit together.

Also, there are two changes that need to be made to outside classes. One maybe was an update to fix a different issue that ended up causing a problem in ContactInfo running. If you go to class InfoRetriever, comment out lines

List copyList = new Vector();
Collections.copy(copyList, result); return copyList;

(currently at lines 142-45) and replace it with just "return result". The other is for AccountInfo and is just that OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfo is supposed to extend OperationSet, but it currently doesn't. That change is all that's needed.

Nice catch! I've already committed the OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfo. As for the problem in the InfoRetriever I think that Damian could help us to better resolve it.

Thanks again.

Yana

ยทยทยท

Hopefully contact info will be working for everyone. If anyone needs to ask any questions, please feel free to ask, and hopefully everyone will be hearing from me again soon with some fixes. Thank you very much!

Adam

------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net