[sip-comm-dev] felix error running SC from source

Hi,

I'm trying to run SC in Eclipse3.3 (java6,winxp). I've configured everything as in the homepage how-to (http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Documentation/ConfigureEclipseNew), the ant build works fine, but when I run it the following errors come out:

Welcome to Felix.

···

=================

WARNING: org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive: Updating old bundle cache format.
ERROR: org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache: Error creating archive. (java.io.IOException: Referenced file does not exist: sc-bundles\protocol.jar)
java.io.IOException: Referenced file does not exist: sc-bundles\protocol.jar
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.createRevisionFromLocation(BundleArchive.java:1082)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.revise(BundleArchive.java:718)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.<init>(BundleArchive.java:217)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.initialize(BundleCache.java:337)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.<init>(BundleCache.java:99)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.start(Felix.java:248)
  at org.apache.felix.main.Main.main(Main.java:208)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.java:26)
WARNING: org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive: Updating old bundle cache format.
ERROR: org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache: Error creating archive. (java.io.IOException: Referenced file does not exist: sc-bundles\contactlist.jar)
java.io.IOException: Referenced file does not exist: sc-bundles\contactlist.jar
  at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.createRevisionFromLocation(BundleArchive.java:1082)
<!--
-->
Could not create framework: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null source
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null source
  at java.util.EventObject.<init>(Unknown Source)
  at org.osgi.framework.FrameworkEvent.<init>(FrameworkEvent.java:163)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireFrameworkEvent(Felix.java:2821)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.start(Felix.java:436)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.java:26)

In a tricky way I could use the "sc-bundles"-folder from a binary install and copy it into the project workspace. Then all jar-files needed can be found, but the run still ends in the final error:

Has anyone experienced similar errors or could explain how to solve this problem?

Thx,
Bernhard

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Glatt Bernhard (Student Com07) wrote:

In a tricky way I could use the "sc-bundles"-folder from a binary install and copy it into the project workspace. Then all jar-files needed can be found, but the run still ends in the final error:

Has anyone experienced similar errors or could explain how to solve this problem?

Sorry, I don't know what issue you are having, but I can tell you that this exception is somewhat of a red herring. This exception happens as a result of an error when trying to install a bundle. So, the real issue of why the bundle could not be installed/reinstalled is being masked.

-> richard

···

Thx,
Bernhard

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Sorry, I don't know what issue you are having, but I can tell you that this exception is somewhat of a red herring. This exception happens as a result of an error when trying to install a bundle. So, the real issue of why the bundle could not be installed/reinstalled is being masked.

As a follow up to myself, I just fixed this issue in the Felix trunk so that it won't mask the real exception. So, it should be available in the next Felix release (either 1.0.2 or 1.2, whichever comes next).

I am not sure which version of Felix SIP is using, but it is my understanding that it is an older one. If this is still the case, perhaps we need to put some pressure on someone to move to a newer version...Emil? :slight_smile:

-> richard

···

Good morning,
I'm having the same issues as Mr. Glatt Bernhard. What do you recommend
to do to be able to begin with development of the SIP-Communicator?

Have a nice day
Patrick Lamber

···

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, 24 October, 2007 16:19
To: dev@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: [sip-comm-dev] felix error running SC from source

Richard S. Hall wrote:

In a tricky way I could use the "sc-bundles"-folder from a binary
install and copy it into the project workspace. Then all jar-files
needed can be found, but the run still ends in the final error:

Could not create framework: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
source
    at

org.osgi.framework.FrameworkEvent.<init>(FrameworkEvent.java:163)

at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireFrameworkEvent(Felix.java:2821)
    at

net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.
java:26)

Has anyone experienced similar errors or could explain how to solve
this problem?

Sorry, I don't know what issue you are having, but I can tell you that

this exception is somewhat of a red herring. This exception happens as

a result of an error when trying to install a bundle. So, the real
issue of why the bundle could not be installed/reinstalled is being
masked.

As a follow up to myself, I just fixed this issue in the Felix trunk so
that it won't mask the real exception. So, it should be available in the

next Felix release (either 1.0.2 or 1.2, whichever comes next).

I am not sure which version of Felix SIP is using, but it is my
understanding that it is an older one. If this is still the case,
perhaps we need to put some pressure on someone to move to a newer
version...Emil? :slight_smile:

-> richard

Hi,

Now in the repo is felix version 0.8 incubator.
I've tried switching to the current 1.0.1 but I have some problems. The bundles no more see the package "org.osgi.framework"
it is still in the "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" config property. There must have some change in the new version that diffs from the one we use now.
We also need the bundle servicebinder as its used in history service and in file access service - I've checkout the source and build it.

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

···

Richard S. Hall wrote:

As a follow up to myself, I just fixed this issue in the Felix trunk so that it won't mask the real exception. So, it should be available in the next Felix release (either 1.0.2 or 1.2, whichever comes next).

I am not sure which version of Felix SIP is using, but it is my understanding that it is an older one. If this is still the case, perhaps we need to put some pressure on someone to move to a newer version...Emil? :slight_smile:

-> richard

Hi sip-com

In the sources nightly build (http://sip-communicator.org/download/nightly-builds/src/) there is no archives for alpha 3. The lasted one is tagged sip-communicator-src-1.0-alpha2-nightly.build.1.zip an is datted at 18 october. Is it normal ?

I want to create an ebuild for sip-communicator in goal to emerge it with gentoo, but the source archive is too huge. After looking in, I saw that all .svn files are in the archive and take half space. Is it possible to execute an command like a find + exec to remove all the .svn folder before making the archive ?

Tom

···

Hi again,

I've just found the problem for example the util bundle in sip-communicator is not importing "org.osgi.framework" .
And after I've imported its ok. But still when starting org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.0.jar
it complayns about missing package "org.osgi.framework".

damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

···

Hi,

I've tried switching to the current 1.0.1 but I have some problems. The bundles no more see the package "org.osgi.framework"
it is still in the "org.osgi.framework.system.packages" config property. There must have some change in the new version that diffs from the one we use now.
We also need the bundle servicebinder as its used in history service and in file access service - I've checkout the source and build it.

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Richard S. Hall wrote:

-> richard

hi all,
this might be getting too far away from SC development but I'll give it a shot:

I have currently set up a scaled down version of the SC to allow multiple concurrent conversations (not a meeting as they do not all have to hear each other), however I am now in a situation where if I have one person connected to another person twice I (obviously) get quite the echo as its basically streaming the same stream twice. I was wondering if anyone has any cleaver ideas about how I could suppress one of the streams from going out the headset on the softphone side or any other suggestions (maybe a solution on the asterisk side)?

DIAGRAM:
           _ _
person 1 | |<--conversation one-->| | ==both voice in==(solution)--one voice in-->| person 2
          >_| | | |
             <--conversation two-->| | <---voice out-------------------------------|

thank you all for any help

Sergei

p.s.

As before this doesn't work as a patch as it is based around a different version of SC but I am more than happy to post source code if anyone wants it.

···

Hi Richard,

actually this is the exception:

[java] ERROR: Error starting reference:file:lib/bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.0.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 1: package; (&(package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.3.0)))
     [java] org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 1: package; (&(package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.3.0))
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._resolveBundle(Felix.java:1650)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1517)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1470)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1065)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
     [java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The problem I think is the version of the package it looks for.
I removed this bundle from auto starting and now everything runs ok.
I'm not sure what was the reason for starting it ? Can you confirm that removing is ok, as I'm not so familiar with felix.
I've also removed kxml-min.jar as it runs without it - it seems its not used anymore.

Thanks,
damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

···

Hi again,

I've just found the problem for example the util bundle in sip-communicator is not importing "org.osgi.framework" .
And after I've imported its ok. But still when starting org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.0.jar

damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Richard S. Hall wrote:

-> richard

Hello Sergei,

We (mostly Damian actually) have been working on echo cancellation for
some time now. We have been using the speex utilities for this. So far
we have managed to get something working on Linux but the situation is
far from being ready for integration in the source code, and it doesn't
work on Windows or Mac OS X.

In any case we still think that the echo cancellation utilities that
come with Speex are the best (and probably the only) option for open
source project to deal with echo so you might want to play with them.

Cheers
Emil

···

FRANKOFF.S@forces.gc.ca wrote:

hi all,
this might be getting too far away from SC development but I'll give it a shot:

I have currently set up a scaled down version of the SC to allow multiple concurrent conversations (not a meeting as they do not all have to hear each other), however I am now in a situation where if I have one person connected to another person twice I (obviously) get quite the echo as its basically streaming the same stream twice. I was wondering if anyone has any cleaver ideas about how I could suppress one of the streams from going out the headset on the softphone side or any other suggestions (maybe a solution on the asterisk side)?

DIAGRAM:
           _ _
person 1 | |<--conversation one-->| | ==both voice in==(solution)--one voice in-->| person 2
          >_| | | |
             <--conversation two-->| | <---voice out-------------------------------|

thank you all for any help

Sergei

p.s.

As before this doesn't work as a patch as it is based around a different version of SC but I am more than happy to post source code if anyone wants it.

Hi Tom,

Tom Remoleur wrote:

Hi sip-com

In the sources nightly build
(http://sip-communicator.org/download/nightly-builds/src/) there is no
archives for alpha 3. The lasted one is tagged
sip-communicator-src-1.0-alpha2-nightly.build.1.zip an is datted at 18
october. Is it normal ?

No, thanks for the tip! Things got messed after we created the branch
and I tried to redirect the src snapshots so neither alpha2, nor the
alpha3 snapshots were getting built. I think I've fixed it now though.

I want to create an ebuild for sip-communicator in goal to emerge it with
gentoo,

Hey this is so cool! Would you be interested in maintaining nightly
build packages for Gentoo?

but the source archive is too huge. After looking in, I saw that
all .svn files are in the archive and take half space. Is it possible to
execute an command like a find + exec to remove all the .svn folder before
making the archive ?

I guess we could but is this what we really want? I've always thought
that it would be handy to be able to update sources from SVN even when
you had initially downloaded them in a snapshot (e.g., because you
didn't have unlimited access at the time). Is this making sense or is it
something that no one else cares about?

Alternately, a nightly gentoo build script could also be deleting the
.svn folders after downloading the snapshot and before creating the
gentoo package.

WDYT?

Emil

···

Tom

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi Richard,

[java] ERROR: Error starting reference:file:lib/bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.0.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 1: package; (&(package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.3.0)))
    [java] org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 1: package; (&(package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.3.0))

If you are not using the bundlerepository bundle, then you can definitely remove it.

Are you using the standard config.properties file from Felix or are you using your own? If your own, what is in it?

-> richard

···

[java] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1065)
    [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)

I'm not sure what was the reason for starting it ? Can you confirm that removing is ok, as I'm not so familiar with felix.
I've also removed kxml-min.jar as it runs without it - it seems its not used anymore.

Thanks,
damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi again,

damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Richard S. Hall wrote:

-> richard

Hi,

we are using our own config.properties file
you can see its content from
https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/source/browse/sip-communicator/trunk/lib/felix.client.run.properties?rev=2980&view=markup

Thanks,
damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

···

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi Richard,

If you are not using the bundlerepository bundle, then you can definitely remove it.

Are you using the standard config.properties file from Felix or are you using your own? If your own, what is in it?

-> richard

Thanks,
damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi again,

damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Richard S. Hall wrote:

-> richard

Hello Emil, Sergei!

far from being ready for integration in the source code, and
it doesn't

This sounds really interesting. We need echo cancellation for our
application, so I could spend time working on it. Do you think it would make
sense if I have a go at the code, or would you rather not publish it at this
state?

> I have currently set up a scaled down version of the SC to
allow multiple concurrent conversations (not a meeting as
they do not all have to hear each other), however I am now in
a situation where if I have one person connected to another
person twice I (obviously) get quite the echo as its
basically streaming the same stream twice. I was wondering if
anyone has any cleaver ideas about how I could suppress one
of the streams from going out the headset on the softphone
side or any other suggestions (maybe a solution on the asterisk side)?

Here are some ideas of mine. I have not tried them, so YMMV.

If both conversations are running from the same (modified) SIP-Communicator
process, you could identify if you are connecting to the same person twice.
At the sending end, you could then skip calling
CallSessionImpl.createSendStreams to prevent sending the audio stream at
all. You'd have to start it later, though, if the first of the two
connections is terminated. You can also call stop() on the audio SendStream.
This has the advantage that you can start() it later to resume sending. I
don't know if this will generate any timeouts, though.

On the receiving end, you could mute the duplicate audio stream by calling
stop() on the player which is created for the stream. You can get the player
in CallSessionImpl.controllerUpdate.

Hope that helps
Michael Koch

Hi Emil,

emerge is very different from apt and don't need specifics nigthly builds. We just have to write an ebuild which contain all instructions to download/patch/compile/install an application. This file is local on the system and don't have to be integrated in the sip-communicator repository.

emerge generally rebuild the application and don't use precompiled binaries for many resons :
-You can easily add patch to applications before compile, that just need very little modifications of your local ebuild file
-you can configure builds options for applications , in sip-communicator for example it could be possible to choose which propocol install (msn, yahoo, jabber, ...)

It's for these reasons I need to get sources. Emerge will never use the .svn because to update application, it will download lastest source archive on user computer. So I prefer a clean, light archive but that will work even with current archive.

Tom

···

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:22:42 +0100, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> wrote:

Hi Tom,

Tom Remoleur wrote:

Hi sip-com

october. Is it normal ?

I want to create an ebuild for sip-communicator in goal to emerge it with
gentoo,

execute an command like a find + exec to remove all the .svn folder before
making the archive ?

gentoo package.

WDYT?

Emil

Tom

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

we are using our own config.properties file
you can see its content from
https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/source/browse/sip-communicator/trunk/lib/felix.client.run.properties?rev=2980&view=markup

I would guess that is the cause of the issue you are having...your config.properties file does not have any version information in it. If you modify the system package export of org.osgi.framework to include the proper version number, then the bundle will likely resolve.

-> richard

···

Thanks,
damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi Richard,

-> richard

Thanks,
damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi again,

damencho

Damian Minkov wrote:

Hi,

damencho

Richard S. Hall wrote:

Richard S. Hall wrote:

-> richard

unfortunately I cannot just not send the stream if I am already
connected to the same person as many of these connections are to
meetings. If I just didn't send the stream then other people in the
meeting would not hear me. Thus the only possible solution must take
place on the receiving side. Also I can't just mute an incoming channel
if it contains an audio stream I am already receiving because it may
contain other voices from the room. What I am looking for is really an
echo canceller that can cancel incoming echo based on other incoming
streams instead of incoming echo based on an outgoing stream.

···

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, 29 October, 2007 09:42
To: dev@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
Subject: [sip-comm-dev] echo cancellation / more multiple concurrent
conversation fun (HELP)

Hello Emil, Sergei!

it doesn't

application, so I could spend time working on it. Do you think it would
make
sense if I have a go at the code, or would you rather not publish it at
this
state?

> I have currently set up a scaled down version of the SC to

If both conversations are running from the same (modified)
SIP-Communicator
process, you could identify if you are connecting to the same person
twice.
connections is terminated. You can also call stop() on the audio
SendStream.
This has the advantage that you can start() it later to resume sending.
I

On the receiving end, you could mute the duplicate audio stream by
calling
stop() on the player which is created for the stream. You can get the
player

Hope that helps
Michael Koch

Hello Michael

Koch Michael wrote:

Hello Emil, Sergei!

it doesn't

application, so I could spend time working on it. Do you think it would make
sense if I have a go at the code, or would you rather not publish it at this
state?

The thing is that it requires substantial modifications in the existing
code of the media package so we can't commit it until it's fully tested
or else it would probably break everything. I don't know whether we'll
be able to commit soon since the project is on hold at the moment, so we
might as well send it to you.

Let me know if you'd like this.

Emil

···

I have currently set up a scaled down version of the SC to

If both conversations are running from the same (modified) SIP-Communicator
process, you could identify if you are connecting to the same person twice.
connections is terminated. You can also call stop() on the audio SendStream.
This has the advantage that you can start() it later to resume sending. I

On the receiving end, you could mute the duplicate audio stream by calling
stop() on the player which is created for the stream. You can get the player

Hope that helps
Michael Koch

Hi Tom,

I see what you mean. Besides, as Romain pointed in an offline
discussion, there are hardly any people that update the sources from svn
after initially downloading a tar ball, so I agree that the bloated src
zip is hardly worth it.

I have modified the script that generates the nightlies so future source
snapshots (starting from 1.0-alpha3-nightly.build.881) would no longer
contain the .svn metadata.

As you said it yourself, this reduces the size of the snapshot by more
than 50% and it is now only 29MB (compared to 60MB previously).

You can check that for yourself here:
http://www.sip-communicator.org/download/nightly-builds/src/sip-communicator-src-1.0-alpha3-nightly.build.881.zip

Thanks for pointing this out!

Emil

Tom Remoleur wrote:

···

Hi Emil,

emerge is very different from apt and don't need specifics nigthly builds.
We just have to write an ebuild which contain all instructions to
download/patch/compile/install an application. This file is local on the
system and don't have to be integrated in the sip-communicator repository.

emerge generally rebuild the application and don't use precompiled
binaries for many resons :
-You can easily add patch to applications before compile, that just need
very little modifications of your local ebuild file
-you can configure builds options for applications , in sip-communicator
for example it could be possible to choose which propocol install (msn,
yahoo, jabber, ...)

It's for these reasons I need to get sources. Emerge will never use the
.svn because to update application, it will download lastest source
archive on user computer. So I prefer a clean, light archive but that will
work even with current archive.

Tom

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:22:42 +0100, Emil Ivov <emcho@sip-communicator.org> > wrote:

Hi Tom,

Tom Remoleur wrote:

Hi sip-com

october. Is it normal ?

I want to create an ebuild for sip-communicator in goal to emerge it
with
gentoo,

execute an command like a find + exec to remove all the .svn folder
before
making the archive ?

gentoo package.

WDYT?

Emil

Tom

Hi Emil!

Hello Michael

Koch Michael wrote:
> Hello Emil, Sergei!
>
>> We (mostly Damian actually) have been working on echo
cancellation for
>> some time now. We have been using the speex utilities for
this. So far
>> we have managed to get something working on Linux but the
situation is
>> far from being ready for integration in the source code, and
>> it doesn't
>> work on Windows or Mac OS X.
>
> This sounds really interesting. We need echo cancellation for our
> application, so I could spend time working on it. Do you
think it would make
> sense if I have a go at the code, or would you rather not
publish it at this
> state?

The thing is that it requires substantial modifications in
the existing
code of the media package so we can't commit it until it's
fully tested
or else it would probably break everything. I don't know whether we'll
be able to commit soon since the project is on hold at the
moment, so we
might as well send it to you.

Let me know if you'd like this.

Yes, I'd be interested. I'd like to try out if it works for our setup. If
yes, I could take the time to work on the code to do it "properly".

Regards
Michael Koch