[sip-comm-dev] Executing SC from Netbeans

Hi,

Coding a new protocol (RSS) into SC project under Netbeans 5.5, I'm encoutering problems during the execution of SC:
I have inserted with success some libraries (.jar) into the project (lib directory) in order to compile my code --> no problem.
This elementary code has to read a rss feed when the user insert a new feed address as a new contact.

But when I launch SC with the "run" directive in build.xml, and I insert a new rss feed, I can see into the console of Netbeans the message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" about a class included in one of the .jar library previously added into the project.
Normally, that wants to say that the JVM doesn't found the required class, but...

Do you have any idea about the origin of this problem ?

Thanks.

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Jean-Albert Vescovo wrote:

Hi,

Coding a new protocol (RSS) into SC project under Netbeans 5.5, I'm encoutering problems during the execution of SC:
I have inserted with success some libraries (.jar) into the project (lib directory) in order to compile my code --> no problem.
This elementary code has to read a rss feed when the user insert a new feed address as a new contact.

But when I launch SC with the "run" directive in build.xml, and I insert a new rss feed, I can see into the console of Netbeans the message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" about a class included in one of the .jar library previously added into the project.
Normally, that wants to say that the JVM doesn't found the required class, but...

I suspect there may have been recent changes to the project compile or run classpath. These changes might have been reflected into the /ide/eclipse CVS directory, but have been overlooked in the /ide/netproject directory.

I usually try to keep the netbeans environment up-to-date, but I haven't had time lately. I haven't built, tested or executed SC under netbeans for at least a month.

I probably won't have time to look at your problem during this week, but perhaps someone else can look at it based on my initial thoughts. I would start by comparing the classpath elements between /ide/eclipse/.classpath and /ide/nbproject/project.xml.

By the way, did you remember to copy project.xml into your own sandbox/nbproject/project.xml when netbeans was shut down?

Regards,

Brian

···

Hi Brian,

I had the same problem, it's because when you build your bundle you don't include your jar files into it, just add this lines in the build.xml file where you build your bundle (one line for each jar file):

<zipfileset src="${lib.noinst}/Your_Jar_File_Name.jar" prefix=""/>

Stéphane

Quoting Brian Burch <brian@PingToo.com>:

···

Jean-Albert Vescovo wrote:

Hi,

I suspect there may have been recent changes to the project compile or
run classpath. These changes might have been reflected into the
/ide/eclipse CVS directory, but have been overlooked in the
/ide/netproject directory.

I usually try to keep the netbeans environment up-to-date, but I
haven't had time lately. I haven't built, tested or executed SC under
netbeans for at least a month.

I probably won't have time to look at your problem during this week,
but perhaps someone else can look at it based on my initial thoughts. I
would start by comparing the classpath elements between
/ide/eclipse/.classpath and /ide/nbproject/project.xml.

By the way, did you remember to copy project.xml into your own
sandbox/nbproject/project.xml when netbeans was shut down?

Regards,

Brian

--
Vous êtes unique, comme tout le monde!