I've been using siip communicator and I have a few comments, if you
consider these are issues to be solved I volunteer to create the
corresponding issues and try to fix them.
1. I think that messages are not necessarily sent in the order they
where written, they should probably be queued by the core before
passing them to the protocol implementation.
2. The font in the place to write is different from the place where it
is shown, it might be good to use the same font.
3. The legend showing date and time should probably not be shown on
every message. sometimes people write more than one message without
getting a response and with this text it is difficult to read. It
would probably be convenient to wait a few minutes after the writing
stops to print it. It might also be good to use a font color which
doesn't distract from the content, e.g. light gray.
4. It might be useful to have a button on the chat window to clear the
history, just to give the user the option to clean the panel to
5. SIP communicator sends lots of notifications of typing, Facebook
servers don't like getting lots of messages, they ask to refresh the
session when it happens, i.e. getting sent messages by requesting the
history and connect again to request newer messages.
6. Show the number of online buddies in the group separator