[sip-comm-dev] Calling certain numbers/contacts that are not in the user list is possible only if the full address/name is typed

In my situation it is about interiour numbers that are not on my contact list - i have many SIP contacts on my list from our interiour SIP server (192.168.3.4).
Now i want to call an extension that is not on my list - example 19:
Typing 19 will search all contacts from our server because it finds "19" in them (from the IP address, the server is addressed only in the internal network/VPN so we just use the address).

The problem is that i dont have the option to call that number only if i enter the whole address: 19@192.168.3.4

This will happen to others probably, is it possible to make it so that you have the option to call/send msg to anything typed in the address/search field, even 1 character?

Regards,
Kertesz Laszlo

···

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi Kertesz,

Quite a few other people also reported me the same issue off-list and I also agree it could be very annoying.

I'm thinking of adding a little receiver icon just before the "x" button in the search field, which when clicked would call directly the entered string (in case of only one telephony provider available, otherwise would open the call providers menu and let the user choose).

Could you please enter an issue for this one.

Thanks!
Yana

···

On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:59 AM, Kertesz Laszlo wrote:

In my situation it is about interiour numbers that are not on my contact list - i have many SIP contacts on my list from our interiour SIP server (192.168.3.4).
Typing 19 will search all contacts from our server because it finds "19" in them (from the IP address, the server is addressed only in the internal network/VPN so we just use the address).

The problem is that i dont have the option to call that number only if i enter the whole address: 19@192.168.3.4

This will happen to others probably, is it possible to make it so that you have the option to call/send msg to anything typed in the address/search field, even 1 character?

Regards,
Kertesz Laszlo

--

Hi Kertesz, all,

Thanks for reporting the issue! It should be fixed now.

We have added a small call button in the search field which allows to call any text you have typed there. Note that the button would appear only if you have any telephony providers registered. Feel free to test:)

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Apr 22, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Yana Stamcheva wrote:

Hi Kertesz,

Quite a few other people also reported me the same issue off-list and I also agree it could be very annoying.

I'm thinking of adding a little receiver icon just before the "x" button in the search field, which when clicked would call directly the entered string (in case of only one telephony provider available, otherwise would open the call providers menu and let the user choose).

Could you please enter an issue for this one.

Thanks!
Yana

On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:59 AM, Kertesz Laszlo wrote:

Regards,
Kertesz Laszlo

--