[sip-comm-dev] Calling all testers!

I'm taking Yana's suggestion and asking for all those who are willing to test some SIP capable chat clients. Below is a list of the major SIP chat clients:
        Google Talk
        Miranda IM
  SIP Communicator

To test a chat client do the following:

1. Open a chat window (in SIP Communicator) to the account of the other chat client
2. Send a message from the other chat client to your SIP Communicator account
3. Check the console; the console should say whether or not the other client supports the User-Agent and what it is if it does.

Attached is a patch of everything I've written up to this point.

Also, here's my progress and what I'm currently working on:

The original objectives were finished about a week ago (http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/GSOC2009/DispMUA).

I've finished IRC and MSN testing. The results are attached in the support testing archive. The archive contains a folder for each protocol. Each protocol folder contains a file the success for each chat client that I tested that supports that protocol. Each folder also includes a saved portion of the packet that does or should contain user agent information for EACH chat client tested (I got these using wireshark).

I'm currently working on testing Jabber chat clients and adding the tooltip multi-user chat impl described in previous e-mails.

Cheers,
Brett

P.S. I've more than likely forgotten to include something, mention something, add something, etc. Just send me an e-mail and I'll get it to you as quickly as possible. Thanks all!

patch.txt (203 KB)

Support Testing.zip (5.95 KB)

I edited the SipImpl OperationSetUserAgent to better display the user agent. Attached is the new patch.

patch.txt (203 KB)

···

Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:10 AM
To: dev@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
Subject: [sip-comm-dev] Calling all testers!

I'm taking Yana's suggestion and asking for all those who are willing to test some SIP capable chat clients. Below is a list of the major SIP chat clients:
        Google Talk
        Miranda IM
        SIP Communicator

To test a chat client do the following:

1. Open a chat window (in SIP Communicator) to the account of the other chat client
2. Send a message from the other chat client to your SIP Communicator account
3. Check the console; the console should say whether or not the other client supports the User-Agent and what it is if it does.

Attached is a patch of everything I've written up to this point.

Also, here's my progress and what I'm currently working on:

The original objectives were finished about a week ago (http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/GSOC2009/DispMUA).

I've finished IRC and MSN testing. The results are attached in the support testing archive. The archive contains a folder for each protocol. Each protocol folder contains a file the success for each chat client that I tested that supports that protocol. Each folder also includes a saved portion of the packet that does or should contain user agent information for EACH chat client tested (I got these using wireshark).

I'm currently working on testing Jabber chat clients and adding the tooltip multi-user chat impl described in previous e-mails.

Cheers,
Brett

P.S. I've more than likely forgotten to include something, mention something, add something, etc. Just send me an e-mail and I'll get it to you as quickly as possible. Thanks all!