[sip-comm-dev] [BUG ISSUE]computer name (hostname) binding in SIP stack

Hi,
I just found that if the computer name contains the underline mark "_",
sip-comm cannot initiate correctly, due to java.text.ParseException during
the iniatialization..
The phenomenon is, when user creates a new SIP account and fills out the
settings, clicks the "next" button, it is frozen. nothing happens.

It happens on windows when using non-standard character in the computer
name. I suggest to display err msg on some popup window, otherwise it
confuses users.

Here is the stack trace:

java.text.ParseException: sip:test_neon Illegal character in hostname:_
     [java] at gov.nist.javax.sip.address.AddressFactoryImpl.createSipURI(
AddressFactoryImpl.java:125)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarConnection.<init>(
SipRegistrarConnection.java:119)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.initRegistrarConnection
(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:1608)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.initialize
(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:602)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.loadAccount
(ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.java:175)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.ProtocolProviderFactory.loadStoredAccounts
(ProtocolProviderFactory.java:413)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.loadStoredAccounts
(ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.java:199)
     [java] at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipActivator.start(
SipActivator.java:56)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(
SecureAction.java:509)

···

--
BR

niepin
TML@HUT, Helsinki, Finland

Hello niepin,

Thanks for the report. I've added a fix and you should now get an error message when there are problems with account data.

Yet, I couldn't really reproduce the parse exception that you were getting and could only see UnknownHostException.

Anyways, the fix should cover both cases.

Cheers
Emil

pin nie wrote:

···

Hi,
I just found that if the computer name contains the underline mark "_", sip-comm cannot initiate correctly, due to java.text.ParseException during the iniatialization..
The phenomenon is, when user creates a new SIP account and fills out the settings, clicks the "next" button, it is frozen. nothing happens.

It happens on windows when using non-standard character in the computer name. I suggest to display err msg on some popup window, otherwise it confuses users.

Here is the stack trace:

java.text.ParseException : sip:test_neon Illegal character in hostname:_
     [java] at gov.nist.javax.sip.address.AddressFactoryImpl.createSipURI(AddressFactoryImpl.java:125)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarConnection .<init>(SipRegistrarConnection.java:119)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.initRegistrarConnection(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:1608)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.initialize(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:602)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.loadAccount (ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.java:175)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.ProtocolProviderFactory.loadStoredAccounts(ProtocolProviderFactory.java:413)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.loadStoredAccounts (ProtocolProviderFactorySipImpl.java:199)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipActivator.start(SipActivator.java:56)
     [java] at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator (SecureAction.java:509)
--
BR

niepin
TML@HUT, Helsinki, Finland

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net