If you use netbeans, please read this carefully. If not, please ignore (unless you are complaining that I've broken something!)
I have just committed a new version of build.xml that NO LONGER contains the netbeans-specific debug-single ant target. I think that is an improvement because this target could never be run outside the netbeans IDE. However, I've added a new <path> definition that ensures the netbeans debugger can find the service lick jars and honour breakpoints set in the corresponding source files.
I have also committed a new file to hold the "debug-single-file-in-test" target. This target is now wired into the new version of the netbeans project.xml file.
I will update the wiki soon, but here is how to use my change...
1. svn update (of course)
2. close the netbeans sip-communicator project (never mess around with nb project files while a project is open!)
3. do a file system copy of project.xml, ide-targets.xml and ide-file-targets.xml from xxx/ide/nbproject/ to xxx/nbproject/
4. open the sc project under netbeans.
5. set some breakpoints (double-click a source line) in one of the slicks... I tested with GibberishProtocolProviderServiceLick.start(), TestAccountInstallation.testInstallAccount() and TestAccountInstallation.tearDown()
6. expand the Projects hierarchy until you can select the source file called test/net.java.sip.communicator.slick.protocol.provider.GibberishProtocolProviderServiceLick.java
7. right-click the selected source file and choose the "Debug File" action. Netbeans will start felix under the debugger, instructing it to start the selected service lick. You should hit the start() breakpoint and step through the process of adding the service licks to the junit test suite. When you click "continue", felix and junit will run each of the test classes. Your breakpoints within the test class should be triggered.
note: my step 7 test blew with an NPE in TestUninstallAccount when calling MclStorageManager.createProtoContactGroupNode. If no-one fixes it soon, I will investigate whether there is a subtle setup problem in my new debug target.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org