[sip-comm-dev] Ant target to cerate a exe for windows...

Hi,

I created a plugin for sip-communicator which I want to share. I want other to try it out and give feedback. Is their a ant target that will build sip-communicator with my plugin to generate a exe that I can give others to install sip-communicator and test it out (they do not understand java, svn, etc to build from source). Also how do make the log statements that I see on the console to be directed to a file.

Thanks,
Prashant.

···

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,
yes there is ant target for building a zip file - "ant build-installation-windows".
Have a look at resources/install/build.xml (there are a lot of comments there).
Also if you install 7zip and uncomment the last part of the target building the zip file(build-installation-windows) you will
get an exe file like a result. We have comment it this because 7zip is not found on every distribution.

The logs are saved in a file in your ${user.home}/.sip-communicator/log directory. Also If you want to
control the logs you can see in lib/logging.properties.

If you have any further questions or you are experiencing some troubles you are welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers,
damencho

Prashant Hiremath wrote:

···

Hi,

I created a plugin for sip-communicator which I want to share. I want other to try it out and give feedback. Is their a ant target that will build sip-communicator with my plugin to generate a exe that I can give others to install sip-communicator and test it out (they do not understand java, svn, etc to build from source). Also how do make the log statements that I see on the console to be directed to a file.

Thanks,
Prashant.